Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas

Article about: Hello Gents, I would like to get others opinions on this early SS dagger. I want to be sure that it is original and naturally dagger. What do you think of it? Thanks

?

Default Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas

Hello Gents,
    I would like to get others opinions on this early SS dagger. I want to be sure that it is original and naturally dagger. What do you think of it?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas   Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas  

Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas   Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas  

Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Dagger - Robert Klaas
    P
    Many

?

Genuine Klass dagger IMO. All the parts are good

The blade and guards have been cleaned fairly aggressively with something abrasive and the grip may have been refinished ...

Dave

?

Thank you, I'm a little confused by the shape of the M in the motto. Is it typical for daggers of this manufacturer?

?

Alex,

Which part of the motto confuses you ?

Note that the wax templates used in the etching process were purchased from specialty suppliers and they vary in minor detail. There are some who feel that this or that variation is inappropriate for a specific maker.

Dave

?

I noticed that the lower leftmost tail of the M letter is slightly rounded, whereas in the main on the early daggers of this manufacturer it is usually sharp. Most likely you are right, the etching matrices differed in minor details especially in the early period.

I would wait for an example with a better blade. Just my opinion. PY.

?

Alex,

You could be right. Sometimes aggressive cleaning is a cover-up for other problems. The rest of the dagger looks correct so my suspicion level is low. But, as the poster above suggests, perhaps wait for a better blade if you have concerns.

I have passed on several daggers waiting for the great ones.

Dave

Same opinion. I've seen what otherwise would have been great blades to add to a collection ruined (IMO) by excessive "tarting up" that went too far. That sometimes was intentional (IMO) to try and cover up different problems. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thank you all, I wanted to hear an outside opinion. I was only embarrassed by this letter in the motto, in all other respects the blade corresponds to the original (IMO). I delved into the study of this issue and came to the conclusion that such minor differences in the spelling of individual letters of the motto are due to the use of different matrices when etching, especially in the period 1933-1935.
    Very best regards,
    Alex