Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.

Article about: Hi all, Hope you are all keeping safe under these challenging times! I wonder if you could spare a few minutes to look at the attached pictures of this Eickhorn Dagger and share your views.

Default Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.

Hi all,

Hope you are all keeping safe under these challenging times!
    I wonder if you could spare a few minutes to look at the attached pictures of this Eickhorn Dagger and share your views.
    As indicated in the picture the 4 in this picture is that of the closed type, most Eickhorn 941’s have an open type of 4.
    There has been quite a few debates on these 4’s on other Forums and nothing really to say it’s right or if it’s wrong.
    Also the neck of the Eagle in the Grip appears to be quite long … is this the Long Neck Type that does appear sometimes in these type Daggers.. ( Boker tend to use them )

Your views as always appreciated.

Stay Safe and have a great Xmas.
    Stevade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.   Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.  

Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.   Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.  

Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.   Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.
    P
    Many

Picture added for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.  

Hi Stevade ..among SS Eickhorn collectors ..it is preferred that the number "4" remains open at the top.

IMO not sure that grip belongs as well.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry
    I have been in two minds about this one… I’m not keen on the Eagle in the grip.

?

Here are some Eickhorn eagles to compare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.   Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.  

Thanks for taking the time to look at my Blog …. The Eagle really does not hold up to anything else I’ve seen, there are similar ones but still questionable!!
    The use of a closed 4 on the 941 is not in keeping with Eickhorn also.
    Thanks Again
    Have a good Xmas stay Safe

?

I keep coming back to this topic and looking at not only the eagle but the trademark. The more I compare the two marks, the more differences I see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Eickhorn SS Dagger for opinions please. 

?

The top photo is one from the same year from my files and one I consider genuine. The lower photo is from this topic.

Look not only at the "4", but the thickness of the SS runes.

Then look at the detail of the squirrel. Two different animals ?

Thanks for taking time Dave to look at this Dagger, and yes the more you look at the comparisons the more differences are observed.
    The Dagger is currently being sold by John @ Eagle Relics Isle of Man for £3250 a lot of money if the dagger is a parts piece made up of genuine and fake bits.

Again you info gratefully appreciated