Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn transitional dagger

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you if you can help me with this Eickhorn double-marked dagger. I am still looking for an original one in good condition. Is this one the good one or a put-toget

?

Default Eickhorn transitional dagger

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you if you can help me with this Eickhorn double-marked dagger. I am still looking for an original one in good condition. Is this one the good one or a put-together dagger or a fake one? Any opinion is welcome. If necessary I can ask for more pictures. Thank you.
    Mike

Eickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional daggerEickhorn transitional dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn transitional dagger
    P
    Many

?

It looks complete and in very good condition. A better shot of the scabbard would show if it has been repainted.
    Dave

?

Thank you, Dave, I asked for additional pictures.

raz
    ?

IMO the motto and maker mark look like it is laser etched and I don't remember a squirrel with a slick top tail . I could be wrong so wait for Larry to comment .

?

Just for added filler..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn transitional dagger  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Im not really fond of the logo etch either as it does appear to be laser etched..its very crisp and perfect.

The upper guard tang nut has been opened about a dozen times which does not leave me with a good feeling and a perfect blade.
    The Hanger snap clip has an SS marking I have never seen before nor I have I seen it in Wittmanns SS reference accoutrement section.

Thats an area I would like to hear Dave H comment on with the hanger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,

I'd also like to see me of the hanger - like the inside markings and sewing.

I share your concern about the blade looks ... but the tang marks look good. So maybe better close ups of the Mark / Motto ?

?

Larry the motto looks also to perfect for me.

Ron

?

It is either a superbly conditioned SS RZM or a really new high level in fakes that had me fooled

Dave

?

Hi, I would like to thank you for all of your comments which led me to stay away from this dagger and to wait for the one where will not be any questions regarding originality.
    Mike