Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Eyelet marked with RZM and SS - Is it original or Fake?

Article about: Hello Folks, What do You think about this spare part? Is it original or fake? Best regards Christian

Default Eyelet marked with RZM and SS - Is it original or Fake?

Hello Folks,

What do You think about this spare part?

Is it original or fake?

Best regards

Christian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eyelet marked with RZM and SS - Is it original or Fake?   Eyelet marked with RZM and SS - Is it original or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eyelet marked with RZM and SS - Is it original or Fake?
    P
    Many

It appears to be correct and the 257 RZM number is in the M5 category and belongs to Julius Grefe KG ...permit issued March 25 1939 which corresponds with the 39 number on the D ring.

I never seen one of these marked on a D ring before on SS daggers but only on the leather hanging straps ...this D ring may have had another function and wait for more replies on this.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thumbs up

Hello Larry,

Thank You very much for your competent reply.
    Now I know that the stamping is valid and not forged.

Hi Christian. I will temporarily move this thread to the SS dagger forum for further review.
    To be honest is that the flat side of the D ring is never seen since that area is hidden within the Hanging strap or belt loop and I want Dave H to comment further on it since he wrote a chapter on SS dagger accoutrements in Tom Wittmanns SS book

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-12-2024 at 05:00 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I have seen many such marks and that one is fine.

Larry, attached are two photos. One of a belt loop D ring and one of the underside of an SS vertical hanger buckle. Take a look at the undersides of your SA/SS buckles and inside belts loops. There are more out there than you think.

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eyelet marked with RZM and SS - Is it original or Fake?   Eyelet marked with RZM and SS - Is it original or Fake?  

Hi Dave ..Thankyou ...you put it over the goal line in overtime

Something I never gave thought to because they were hidden until Christian posted his example.
    Great stuff

Regards Larry

?

I have seen these repro D rings before on Shows in Belgium by the dozen.
    These were made of aluminium, not very well casted, and they have bogus SS markings instead of the RZM maker mark, as they should have.
    It makes no senso to mark them were normaly the leather is attached.
    IMO repro D rings, not 1 for my collection.

Ger