Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...

Article about: Hi all. Normally I have no issues authenticating SS daggers. I've owned dozens, including Rohms, but this one has me puzzled. I believe the dedication to be the E Pack version (note the bott

?

Default Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...

Hi all.

Normally I have no issues authenticating SS daggers. I've owned dozens, including Rohms, but this one has me puzzled.

I believe the dedication to be the E Pack version (note the bottom of the "E" in Ernst and the matching directions of the end caps of the line over "Rohm"), but the positioning on the blade relative to the maker's mark and spine of the blade are dead on with that of known Herder dedications. I overlayed photos of this one with known originals and they line up perfectly.

I've included several photos of the dagger and blade for some opinions. Is there any universe where this inscription is legit to this blade? Did Herder use the E Pack dedication at any time?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...   Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...  

Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...   Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...  

Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...   Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...  

Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...
    P
    Many

Hi Darren after reviewing myself and also soliciting thoughts from 2 advanced SS dagger collectors ..it has been agreed upon that the blade is bad ( both sides ) ..with the burnishing and color being off including the edges.

The dagger appears to be made up of some parts.
    These SS daggers are getting better and better as time progresses and your attention to the inscription detail helped nail this shut.
    The inscription was well done...but not good enough.

If posted on ebay forsale..surely someone would be losing alot of money and it wont be the seller.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Not my area, but I did notice this on the blade and was thinking Laser Engraved before Larry C. had cast his opinion and the observations of his peers..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Full Rohm Herder SS Dagger for Review...  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks Larry & Gwar (and Larry’s advance collector friends). This is unfortunately what I suspected which is why I posted it. Essentially, as far as I’m concerned if there is no record of Herder having used E Pack’s Rohm dedication style script then this blade should not exist.