Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Beater SS Dolch

Article about: I believe this is piece to be original but unfortunately, may only be worth parts for replacement, or a way to have an example until a nicer one is in the budget. The upper scabbard fitting

Default Help with Beater SS Dolch

I believe this is piece to be original but unfortunately, may only be worth parts for replacement, or a way to have an example until a nicer one is in the budget. The upper scabbard fitting I believe to be period engraved with REICHS HANDWERKS MEISTER" The cross guard is numbered 23189 but the scabbard throat is not. The scabbard has been crimped on two sides so the dagger is very difficult to remove from the scabbard, which is also split on one side. The back of the grip looks like it was used as a hammer and the blade has been sharpened. Maker is hard to read due to being sanded to remove rust and still is partially visible (RICH ABR HERDER SOLINGEN)
    It is what it is and I would normally pass however, I would like to make a reasonable offer for purchase. Response via PM is fine but I would like to have some feedback from the SS Guys to help determine if it is worth tying up funds. And perhaps help inspire a new collector without breaking the bank. I'm not usually a How Much??? kind of guy so All Opinions welcome! and appreciated on this "Ugly Duckling"

Regards,

Geoff P.S.I am sorry for the photo quality, its the best I can get at the moment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Beater SS Dolch   Help with Beater SS Dolch  

Help with Beater SS Dolch   Help with Beater SS Dolch  

Help with Beater SS Dolch   Help with Beater SS Dolch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Beater SS Dolch
    P
    Many

?

The scabbard may be painted - can you check ?

As for buying it, why bother ? The sharpened scrubbed blade plus a crimped scabbard kills any chance of selling it later.

I'm going to get an in hand look over the weekend!

I have seen that dedication on the scabbard fitting before on another political dagger ...not sure if it was SA or SS ...but I do remember the outcome was not fruitful.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill