Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help. SS officer dagger

Article about: Hallo, I've got in collection one SS officer dagger. He is made by Gustav Spitzer Solingen and has numbers M7/80 1197/38 SS. I would like to ask de members or is this dagger authentic?

Default Help. SS officer dagger

Hallo, I've got in collection one SS officer dagger. He is made by Gustav Spitzer Solingen and has numbers M7/80 1197/38 SS. I would like to ask de members or is this dagger authentic?Help. SS officer daggerHelp. SS officer daggerHelp. SS officer daggerHelp. SS officer daggerHelp. SS officer daggerHelp. SS officer daggerHelp. SS officer daggerHelp. SS officer dagger
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-28-2016 at 05:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help. SS officer dagger
    P
    Many

I have a little question. Dit you buy this dagger on the dutch MP (marktplaats)?

Regards Raf

Yes. I bought it there

Sorry to say but this is not an original SS dagger the motto Meine.... on the blade is done by Laser it should be etched. Also the rest of this dagger is not what we expect from a nice SS dagger. So I hope you can ask your money back this is not worth much.

Its better to post the dagger here before you buy and not after if you don,t have the knowledge in this big minefield.
    Please dig around here to learn something about these daggers, or visit my website to read something in your own language.

Regards Raf

Hi blazer welcome to the forum.
    Wise counsel from Rafael... Always compare and research anything before you buy.

These Chained SS daggers will start in a price range of $4500...and exceed $12000 depending on condition and rarity ranging from early to late period.

Study some of the threads in this forum. Guaranteed ..you will leave with more than when you first came here.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Unfortunately, IMO it's an obvious postwar fake that might have some original parts but others that are not. Best Regards, Fred

Blazers Lots of nice helpful members on here I haven't been here long but good advice, I have done some studying on here and Bought Whittman's SS Dagger Reference book and you would be surprised how much knowledge you can pick up. Sorry for buying the bad blade. Hope you can get a refund . But these guys are experts in Collecting. They will not steer you wrong If you are like me, You probly can't wait till you get your hands on a real one.
    Bob

Yet another example of the over decorated fake being put together to give the implication that it was a "high official's piece" and , no doubt, hidden away for all these decades and poorly preserved. We are seeing more and more of this kind of thing of late. Sometimes, they take a genuine dagger and "enhance it" with all these over done decorations, or as in this case, they have used a total put together of random junk parts and Then added the "special bits" to it to lure in the naive and steal their money from them.
    In any case, I really hope that you can manage to get your money back, but in so many of these cases, it will be next to impossible. Good luck, in any case! If you come across any thing that looks attractive to you but you are not sure of, by all means post Good photos of it here first-Before you buy it-and we can help you sort the chaff from the wheat.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sadly I can only echo my forum friends comments.

Try and get a refund and welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank u everyone voor the help. Next time I wil buy it carefully and firstable I wil ask the members of the forum about a opinion.