Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M7/29 "!" question

Article about: Hello the forum Once again I need your advices..... I'm about to catch a nice M7/29 "!" unfortunately I'm not allowed to publish the pictures Once thing puzzles me... I was told th

?

Default M7/29 "!" question

Hello the forum

Once again I need your advices.....

I'm about to catch a nice M7/29 "!" unfortunately I'm not allowed to publish the pictures

Once thing puzzles me... I was told that these examples have always solid nickel crossguards and eagle...
    The example I'm about to buy has an aluminium eagle on the grip and the crossguards are nickel plated....

Could these caracteristics be acceptable for a transitionnal example as an EICKHORN for exemple :

A fine transitionnal eickhorn mod.33

Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    ARNAUD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M7/29 "!" question
    P
    Many

Hi Arnaud ...when it comes to anything SS ...without a doubt photos are needed. Anything could happen in details or production ...during the period or Postwar.

I understand your source doesnt give photo permission which may raise a red flag as there is a fear something might be uncovered with the dagger....or maybe not ...but its something you should consider.

Your link that you have provided does not even come close to providing any detail that is actually seen on the dagger we can not see...so there is no way of telling what time period you are asking about.

So ..." unfortunately " ...buyer beware !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Larry

Many thanks for your fast answer.
    So if I understand you well, non solid nickel crossguards are not systematicaly considered as a "no go ".... That's what I wanted to know
    Regards
    ARNAUD

?

Arnaud,

I have never seen an M7/29 with plated crossguards or an aluminum eagle.

As Larry says, forbidden to publish pictures "...but its something you should consider."

If you want a private opinion, email me dave@germandaggers.com

?

If any members have seen an M7/29 SS dagger with non-nickel silver guards or an aluminum eagle, please speak up and post a photo.

Thanks
    Dave

I too have never seen a 7/29 dagger that had plated fittings and an aluminum grip emblem. Despite the fact 7/29 daggers are RZM marked, they were early produced and exhibit excellent fit and finish as well as early parts.

The fact the current owner won’t permit posting pictures of the dagger is a huge red flag in itself. I would avoid this transaction entirely.

?

Billy,

You are right about the owner who won't permit posting photos.

As for the M7/29, I have always thought they were made very early on like the 120/34 and 121/34 daggers .. just not dated

Dave

?

So, I've let this dagger go ..... I'll sleep better I think

Under this set of circumstances, I think you did the right thing. Buy one that you can be proud of and not worry about.