Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Maybe a good first SS? Help please

Article about: Good evening my friends. I have an opportunity to add an SS in my new collecting adventure. I need to be sure I haven’t overlooked fatal imperfections or outright flaws my novice eyes may

In the video the guy says more than once the dagger is "100% original", then he goes on to explain that it has a repaired grip with some kind of "finish put over it".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maybe a good first SS? Help please
    P
    Many

SkylineDrive,
    Thank you and I agree. I do however from watching his many videos over the years find him to be genuine in his thought but maybe trying to show the original made item is completely there but life has happened to it. That does seem to me to explain why any object, in this case a dagger that was made like every other dagger can have one worth thousands and some worth hundreds (short of added items and specialty etchings) My thoughts is why I need you guys as sometimes my feelings get in the way of seeing the item and not the story!!!

With that said, if someone without the means to buy a “perfect” rolls Royce (but always wanted one) found a original rolls Royce that someone had painted with a paintbrush, it would still be an original albeit the aftermarket defect but at a much lower car book value, which is how I am looking at this otherwise $3+K dagger. It would be an affordable fit an otherwise void in a collection case…what would a reasonable value be? I think there are others out here like me that could find a home for these shunned misfits if they are in fact not fakes. I don’t want to violate forum rules but I think it may be valuable and help others by exploring a left out part of collecting. Thank you I look forward to replies.

Hi Michael ...I would say its all Original but Original Messed with and with a messed with dagger there is devaluation.,,..not worth over $3K.
    Is there any value on this dagger ...some due to it being Period Authentic.

Generous value after what has been done to it and who did it......and Im not going to give a value ...but if I had to have an Early messed with SS dagger ...I would not pay more than $900 ...thats my offer and not a valuation...others my differ...but a dagger I would not look twice at.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Your insight into the real question that needs answering no matter how it is asked followed with a useful answer is why this forum is sought as was an encyclopedia in the print age. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2