MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!

Article about: Hello, I've been wanting an SS Chained Dagger ever since I got into this hobby (type 2). Yesterday I found a type 1 and won the auction for less then I've been seeing them offered for. Can a

Exactly!! HAHA, you're wife got lucky indeed!!

I really like the type II B1 also with the black background on links. Type C is really nice too!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!
    P
    Many

Congrats Kurt, I'd love to see a pic of the dagger if you get around to it! Good luck on the Knights Cross hunt! Your boy will have a good head start with your collection if he chooses to collect! Who wouldn't!

Default SS Chained Dagger Type C in Hand!

I finally got the dagger yesterday! Here's some more photos, the last one is next to my NSKK Chained Dagger. I don't see the DRGM markings under the wotan knot but I'm very happy with this purchase and know how lucky I am to find it. Thanks all for your help identifying this as original, especially Larry...you were clutch for me throughout this hunting process!!

Much appreciated. Cheers!
    Ben

My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!

?

Hello Ben, they are very beautiful together, these are very precious pieces. Congratulations,
    Regards,
    Peeloo

?

Looks wonderful. Congrats.

Tim

Congratulations, Ben. Here is my dagger.My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!

Excellent looking piece in great condition!! Really nice to have the original scabbard finish also...Congrats!!

Quite coincidentally Ben, when you first posted your auction dagger I was waiting for another auction to commence that had an SS chained type C in its inventory. I won the auction and that dagger recently arrived. I thought you might like to see another example. The high points of this dagger are the grip with virtually no plating loss, hardly any significant wear to the wood except some pressure marks and a solid nickel eagle; the scabbard with 100% bluing and nearly all of the lacquer remaining. There is one area on the back of the upper scabbard fitting that has lost plating from what l attribute to swing wear. The blade could be a bit better but is still quite presentable. Cross grain extends downward for about 2/3rds of the blade and then is lost to fogging and runner marks. There is more pimpling in the motto than most Bokers! Unlike yours, this example has two screws on the center ramp. I consider this a slightly later version of a type C than yours because of the pronounced fluting of the upper scabbard fitting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!   My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!  

My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!   My 1st SS Chained Type 1 Dagger Purchase!  

Last edited by SkylineDrive; 03-20-2024 at 08:19 PM.

Killer example Mike ...outstanding condition and Im very dazzled by that anodized scabbard with a generous amount of laquer.

Love to see it in its full glory...please post it in a separate thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow...nice looking dagger! The original finish on the scabbard/crossguards is sweet indeed! Someday I will get a boker!! Big congrats and thanks for the comparison.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3