Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is my SS dagger authentic?

Article about: My father was a collector of all things military. Having served in SAC (USAF) during the Cuban Missile Crisis, he took great pride in his military days. After his passing, I came across many

FRANK1958
    ?

Default Is my SS dagger authentic?

My father was a collector of all things military. Having served in SAC (USAF) during the Cuban Missile Crisis, he took great pride in his military days. After his passing, I came across many artifacts, including this SS dagger. I have done endless research, but have come up empty with regards to it’s authenticity. I know the history of the dagger, but am not sure how to tell for sure if it is real…or a reproduction. I know that the first 200 were numbered, and I cannot find any number of that sort. I am hoping that the photos attached will be sufficient in determining it’s authenticity. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is my SS dagger authentic?   Is my SS dagger authentic?  

Is my SS dagger authentic?   Is my SS dagger authentic?  

2. # ADS

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to say this is an old Spanish made fake.

Lots of things wrong with it: Himmler baldes were Never RZM marked for one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is right.

Indeed, a very poor reproduction. Ade is correct in, Himmler daggers were never marked, just as SS daggers were never marked M7/36, only SA. The quality of the engraving, amongst everything else on this dagger is quite bad. Apologizes for the depressing news.

?

oakleaves look clunky

Exactly as Adrian states...an old Spanish fake...I thought they looked like $hit then and I see that they still look like $hit now, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Frank ... Just for clarification if this dagger were real ... It is supposed to resemble an SS Honor dagger which was bestowed upon high leaders and over achievers ...if this dagger were real it would be worth about $80,000...That's why these are highly reproduced . Unfortunately this is a lower end repro which is easily recognizable by the SS type collectors ... This dagger you posted is worth about $35. Thankyou for posting it here to keep our members on their toes. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-01-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I must be getting good at this stuff, it only took me 1.2 seconds to raise my eyebrow and think wow thats a bad one, hmmmmm 80 thousand for a real one you say? well now I know how much money you are taking to the max show LOL

That is one sad looking Adler...

?

Quite a difference in price $35-$80,
    000 Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast