Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery of Eickhorn logos on dedication daggers

Article about: I am looking for information on the logos used by Eickhorn on Röhm and Himmler dedicaced daggers. There is a mystery to me. For Röhm daggers they were produced between February and June 19

Default Mystery of Eickhorn logos on dedication daggers

I am looking for information on the logos used by Eickhorn on Röhm and Himmler dedicaced daggers.
    There is a mystery to me.
    For Röhm daggers they were produced between February and June 1934.
    For Himmler daggers between July 1934 and maximum end of 1935.
    For these two types of daggers Eickhorn uses 3 different types of maker marks. A wide and two small ones (one with a smooth tail and one with a serretad tail). All were used from 1933 to 1935. Some say that the big one was only used until 1934.
    What is curious is to find these three logos on both types of daggers. If the use of logos was chronological over this period, the same ones were not found on both types of daggers.
    I think that these logos were used to distinguish production sites (but it seems to me there is only one factory) or subcontractors.
    This could be understood for Röhm’s daggers because it was necessary to produce 9,900 daggers quickly. To himmler’s daggers the production was less. First 200 very quickly. Then about 2000 after. There was not as much pressure.
    We can note that Eickhorn seems to used 4 différents logos for SA daggers (All producers combined, he had more made than ten times more Röhm Sa daggers than SS).
    Would anyone have information about this mystery?
    Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery of Eickhorn logos on dedication daggers
    P
    Many

Hello Raca ...Great questtion !

Pertaining to Rohm SS and Himmler SS dedication daggers :

Eickhorn Rohm SS : Large double oval Smooth tail ( Initial production )
    .......................... : Small double oval , Smooth and Serrated tail ( 2nd production type ) ...due to less exposure of the producer and more exposure of the Rohm name

Eickhorn Rohm Himmler dedication pattern :

Large double oval ( Ultra Rare and only know 2 in existence )
    Small double oval .. Smooth and Serrated tails

The large logos were made smaller due to reasons of Vanity and more exposure of the name itself all within the same time period.

In regards to the use of the Large double ovals ...early SA and SS Eickhorn daggers ..the smooth tail had come first ..due to the early known Christmas daggers made in December 1933 for Eickhorn Rohm that showed a smooth tail squirrel..and was carried over into 1934.

The large double ovals came first.
    I have not encountered any large double oval serrated Rohm SS logos...just the smooth tail.

the small logos is a matter of opinion and it is possible the smooth came first then the serrated..or also it could of been an a production identification that separated production runs.

Fact is that the logo types mentioned above do exist.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My first name is Yann. Racadia is a nickname.

Thank you Larry for your reply.

I agree with you. I reach the same point, without finding an answer to the use of 3 logos for both types of daggers.

As you said, the big one on Himmler’s daggers is the rarest. I've only seen one like that. You are twice as lucky as I am.

Always on Himmler daggers, for me the small one with serrated tail is the latest production. There is a difference in production. I think the engraving of the dedication is finer and darker. And the handles are less brittle. We can see them in very, very beautiful condition. This is less the case with others. In any case, that's what I've observed.

I also noted the inspection numbers to see if there was a correlation with the logos, but it did not give anything interesting.

In short, the mystery remains unsolved.

Regards
    Yann

Hi Yann...the QC / inspection numbers beneath the guards have no relevance to the logos... we also see these numbers errantly on SA Eickhorn daggers...and my opinion that the QC guys ...maybe checked every 20 to 50 daggers ..its why some guards have them and others do not.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I’m agree with you.
    Inspection marks are very common on Himmlers daggers, it is rare that there are none.
    We see them from time to time on models 33 without dedication.
    I also just saw one on a model 36, recently on a merchant web-site

To return to the Himmlers, here are an illustration of 2 the 3 logos.

Mystery of Eickhorn logos on dedication daggers

Here are the 3 logos

Mystery of Eickhorn logos on dedication daggersMystery of Eickhorn logos on dedication daggers