Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NCO Chained SS Dagger

Article about: Hi all, Maybe the wrong Forum to post .. however! Why has this SS NCO been granted permission to wear an Officers 36 Patt Chained Dagger? Do you think he was lent it for his wedding?

Default NCO Chained SS Dagger

Hi all,

Maybe the wrong Forum to post .. however!

Why has this SS NCO been granted permission to wear an Officers 36 Patt Chained Dagger?
    Do you think he was lent it for his wedding?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NCO Chained SS Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NCO Chained SS Dagger
    P
    Many

The Chained SS dagger was approved for wear by all officers, having held the rank as of November 9 , 1935...OR for any participant who had been a member of the SS for 3 or more years as of January 30 1936.
    The dagger could also be worn by SS Members who had joined in 1933/34/ and 1935, but only after 3 years of completion of service.
    It also followed that the consecutive three year membership criteria would also apply to wear for men joining after 1936.
    ( Exploring the Dress Daggers and Swords of the German SS ) pg. 119

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Excellent… Thanks Larry I knew there would be some logic behind it.. great references as always.
    Best Regards

Am I seeing a resemblance of this person to that of the subject person? The image I am posting is of Karl Lesser, I used to own his A-SS visor and these images were copied for reference. Thoughts? Added the cropped head shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images NCO Chained SS Dagger  NCO Chained SS Dagger  NCO Chained SS Dagger 

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Am I seeing a resemblance of this person to that of the subject person? The image I am posting is of Karl Lesser, I used to own his A-SS visor and these images were copied for reference. Thoughts? Added the cropped head shots.
    Ears are a great reference point. They do look very similiar.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There is a definite resemblance …. Maybe the NCO in the Allgemeine Uniform has a bit more of a chiselled chin … or slightly older… Anyway a Good spot.

Quote by Stevade View Post
    There is a definite resemblance …. Maybe the NCO in the Allgemeine Uniform has a bit more of a chiseled chin … or slightly older… Anyway a Good spot.
    The image of Leser in the W-SS uniform was taken after seeing combat if I recall correctly. Here are more images of Leser. I've tried to capture the cuff title to discover what his affiliation was. I could not find anything on him though. Also included the NCO visor that came with the images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NCO Chained SS Dagger   NCO Chained SS Dagger  

NCO Chained SS Dagger   NCO Chained SS Dagger  

NCO Chained SS Dagger   NCO Chained SS Dagger  

NCO Chained SS Dagger  
    Attached Images Attached Images NCO Chained SS Dagger 

We can not be sure if in fact the SS mann in Stevades post is really him or not ...there are some common features ...but mainly Stevades topic is not related to the SS mann himself but on the SS order of awarding the CH SS dagger.

These uniform and cap photos may be best suited for the SS Uniform forum.
    These photos can remain here due to the resemblance ...but would rather stay on the original topic since Stevade did start this thread with a question.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill