Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion needed - Böker Dagger

Article about: Hi Guys, I would Like to ask for your Expertise on this dagger. Is it all authentic? Thank you and best regards

Default Opinion needed - Böker Dagger

Hi Guys,
    I would Like to ask for your EOpinion needed - Böker Daggerxpertise on this dagger. Is it all authentic?

Thank you and best regards

Opinion needed - Böker DaggerOpinion needed - Böker DaggerOpinion needed - Böker DaggerOpinion needed - Böker DaggerOpinion needed - Böker DaggerOpinion needed - Böker DaggerOpinion needed - Böker Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion needed - Böker Dagger
    P
    Many

?

The dagger looks OK but super shiny. Someone really cleaned that one up. There is damage around the eagle which is always suspicious

The scabbard seems to be of a later vintage. Painted and with steel dome head screws.

The whole thing may have super c leaned so the nickel silver dagger fittings would match the steel scabbard fitting (?)

Looks like who ever polished the Dolch killed the cross grain. And as pointed out about the scabbard fitting screws....if you bought it hope you got it for a good price because the over polishing IMHO knocks the value down. Not so much on the cross guards but the blade itself. Then the over polishing has created issues with the etched BOKER trademark. Compare this Boker trade mark seen on the left to the polished Boker trade mark of this threads subject Dolch on the right. Under the letter G on the trademark on the left side is a very tiny space where the acid did not take well to the steel. The trade mark on the right below the G has opened up that to a wider space & those spaces are seen all through the trade mark etch. Makes me want to say Hmmmm as to why? Is there a number on the bottom of the lower cross guard? Rohm honor daggers had a number on the cross guards, might this over polished example be a removed Rohm etch?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion needed - Böker Dagger   Opinion needed - Böker Dagger  

?

Rich,

As far as I know, the Rohm etch Boker daggers had only the small oval trademark, not the 'art decco' mark above. See below

And, to my knowledge, it is only Eickhorn daggers had a bench number on their Rohm and Himmler daggersOpinion needed - Böker Dagger

White backgrounds are the worst when photographing Edged weapons...a loss of preception ...with details being whited out...never was a fan of that color for Silvered fittings.

I agree with Dave as well and the messed with grip would leave me to walk away from it...( Personal preference )...which the rest of the dagger appears ok...but why have the thought of a possibility that something is not original to the dagger.

Dave is correct about the the small double oval that Boker used for Rohm daggers.

The other observation is not just the white background..but the slightly grey filter that is used as a wash ...not giving a crisp and clear image...the pimples in the motto are not as prominent as they should be due to that filter as seen in the side by side photos Rich has posted.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,

There is probably more to discuss, but between the super clean, the dyed grip, the white background, and the filler, it is hard to see.

Notice that MrDeeds said absolutely nothing about the piece he posted.

Dave

We have been getting alot of this lately Dave ....hit and run posts ...wait and see if Mr Deeds replies
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,
    Thank you for your Help! I purchased this Dagger from a quite reputabpe Dealer.. the condition was described as a B+, therefore I assumed everyone should be fine. In the Item description was nothing mentioned about polishing, wrong scabbard etc.. the asking price was around 4600 USD...I should have presented the Dagger Here before..I Just sent it Back ..
    Your Expertise is highly appreciated

The scabbard carrying ring was the first opitical dead giveaway that there was more issues to follow with this dagger.

Agreed ...that always research first ...Boker has 2 variant types ...both of which can be found in threads in this SS dager subforum.

Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast