MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear

Article about: I doubt it. Unless he killed someone at a wedding or a funeral

?

Default Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear

Hey guys, as i was going through doing some research i came to think that there are not many photos to be found online of Chained SS daggers in wear. I could only find one photo online after searching for around a half an hour. Any of you have original photos that you would like to share of the daggers in wear? All the rights are to wwiirelics.com for this photo I intend to only use it to help others.
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear

Nice photo. Can anyone read his cuff-title. Little guy for a Honor Dagger!

Nice pic for refrence! I wonder if those pieces survive today? Best regards.

?

Yes they do! Very beautiful daggers, i'm a proud owner of one and so are some other people on this forum.
    Ryan

Well you are truly lucky to have such wonderful pieces and an eye for quality and a appreciation for history! Best of luck with your future hunting and thanks for sharing! Best regards!

I wonder if any of these daggers were acually used on anyone or just a ceremonial pieces

?

I really dont choose to think about that lol, its the one part of the SS i choose to stay away from. Good idea though.
    Ryan

The SS dagger was not meant for stabbing, but a part for the uniform for the service-dress
    (Dienstanzug), informal service-dress (kleiner Dienstanzug, hanging from the pocket),
    but also when on parade (Paradeanzug), but never with other occasions as for example "in
    the field"! The dress regulation for the evening dress (Gesellschaftsanzug) did not include a
    dagger. Not officially anyway!

When a drunken SS-member stabbed another member he was kicked out of the SS and brought
    to court. As far as known this also happened when a member was not drunk. There is an order
    from Himmler from May 23, 1938 (CH.HA/ZK./Az4 d/e/20.4.38). For the time being it had
    consequences for all members and leaders for the unit, as they were not allowed to wear the
    dagger for a period of time (about a year).
    For the future one was warned, as when it did happen again, it would have consequences for
    all members of the related Sturm.

[QUOTE=Ryan B;935207]I really dont choose to think about that lol, its the one part of the SS i choose to stay away from. Good idea though.

Not all ss members were the projected evil most are lead to believe, that is a common misconception. Many ss members were noble, fearless soldiers who never committed a single war crime. If the dagger was used in battle, which I'd think would be quite rare considering one would first use there bayonet, as well probably not have said dagger on them, you would assume the more common SA dagger would've been used much more: considering the production ratio. Another thing, turning a blind eye to the evil which stemmed from the ss and other organizations actions, and still collecting its artifacts and/or studying its history, is pointless and some what hypocritical, IMO. Of course I'm not saying you are. The evil actions are a major part of the history in itself. In fact, that part of history is just as important so that it is never repeated. As for the question in post #3, I think he was just asking if any of the items, (the exact ones in the pic), are still in existence to this day, not just any items of that kind. In regards to the photograph, I love the amount of material shown. You have some very nice items, it's always a joy to see them.

To add onto what Wilhelm Saris has stated..the SS and Chained SS dagger..also was an Honor and trust to uphold the NS doctrine to serve and protect,,without regard to their own life. These daggers were not given out because they looked nice..they were given as a trust to the beholder. There went into these particular daggers a deeper meaning...politically then there non political counter parts..of the Army Navy and Airforce. Fear and terror are also seen in these daggers. The icing on the cake with the Chained SS daggers is the "Kulturzeichen" stamping on the back of one of the tabs of the chain. This was not a waffen amt marking..or "weapon stamping"..this was to be a way of Life for the present and the future of the Third Reich.
    I would like to see more in wear Photos of the chained SS and also the Standard em33. This should make for a great thread for in wear reference.
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast