Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )

Article about: Hi. My father dealt in a small way in German memorabilia back in the 1950s/60s. I know little about this subject and, as my father died a few years ago I am trying to help my mother identify

?

Unusual to see a leather bound scabbard on these daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )
    P
    Many

Quote by mametz View Post
    Unusual to see a leather bound scabbard on these daggers.
    Yes it is ...but personalized in small numbers. Mostly seen with SA daggers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Sorry for the delay - local professional photographers all seem to be 'Wedding' ones and didn't want to do this. Eventually local camera club had a go - results attached!

Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )

Etch looks good to me. But as usual, wait for others to express their opinion on this.

BTW, the blade is in reverse to the grip handle, the etch is usually on the reverse of the SS rune and Adler on the grip. Not a big deal. If the pommel nut is easily unscrewed it's an easy fix. If you reverse the blade to the grip, the pommel nut is loose enough to be unscrewed by hand easy fix. Otherwise if the pommel nut is tight, get the right tool for the job that fits the pommels hex and don't over tighten the pommel nut as you might crack the grip. A standard open end wrench will not fit under the pommel cap and the specialty tool is made thin enough to fit. You could grind down a open end wrench to a thin enough size to fit or locate the tool made for this job. Don't use a pair of pliers, that will ruin the finish on the pommel cap.

?

Hi Rich. Many thanks for your response. The pommel nut can be undone by hand, so I will correct this. Thanks again, regards Dom

Dom, while you have it apart, take images of the backside of the upper & lower cross guards. There should be initials forged onto the interior surface. Please post that as well.

?

Images of the backside of the upper & lower cross guards attached:

Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )

The H with a dot marked guards are the typical SA sub contracted guards widely seen on SA daggers.

I would expect to see for Eickhorn..either HE , EW or AR ...not sure which guards were used on Rohm SS daggers..but I would expect at least HE " Haus Eickhorn " marked guards.

Wait for more thoughts and replies.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hmmm, wonder because the blade is Boker produced if that has any bearing on the cross guards producer. Larry, do you know if Boker produce their own cross guards? The handle to cross guard then to blade fitment looks good, seeing the inside of the cross guards is a curve ball on this. Not saying that it's incorrect but somewhat unusual.

Rich i stand corrected ...yes I was focused on eickhorn for some reason..but I did not see boker listed to have these specific markings ..I will check again my resources ...I and will post later when I get home. Thankyou for the correction
    Best Larry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast