MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

rmz hammersfhar goed or bad

Article about: I schall later opload new pictures from the blade and de etch,thanks

lary,i found another etch on wittman side, a bit the same etch on the letters but not
    so bad!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture rmz hammersfhar goed or bad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement rmz hammersfhar goed or bad
    P
    Many

look at the letters e and h, best regards,

erik

Here is similar one what I found. It is made by Böker

Courtesy Lakesidetrader.com

-TJ-

I am very happy with what you found,as i had also my douts,that it was a fake etching,many thanks
    1000 TIMES,THAT IS CERTAINLY VERY CLEAR TO SEE. best regards
    VAANDERIG

I was pleased to find that similar style etch. I had my doubts too, but it is clear now.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    I was pleased to find that similar style etch. I had my doubts too, but it is clear now.
    Hello Finn ...The Boker etch has their trade marked pimpling in the Motto as the other etch is clean without pimpling.

Also Bokers Motto etch lettering will have that shorter squashed look to the motto compared to other producer etches.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Finn ...The Boker etch has their trade marked pimpling in the Motto as the other etch is clean without pimpling.

Also Bokers Motto etch lettering will have that shorter squashed look to the motto compared to other producer etches.

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry. Oh... yes, I see. I focused too much for edge of letters and not for those pimplings.
    Thank you for correct me. I need take my word back "but it is clear now", it is not clear yet
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Hi Larry. Oh... yes, I see. I focused too much for edge of letters and not for those pimplings.
    Thank you for correct me. I need take my word back "but it is clear now", it is not clear yet
    I don'tuderstand anything anymore,so in my opinion if you see pimpling in the etch, the etch is bad,and de dagger blade loses its value,but its not fake!!!regards

vaanderig

Quote by vaanderig View Post
    I don'tuderstand anything anymore,so in my opinion if you see pimpling in the etch, the etch is bad,and de dagger blade loses its value,but its not fake!!!regards

vaanderig
    If in the etch has pimpling, it do not mean it is bad one. And opposite way.

As I mentioned that is because I used those example photos from maker mark Böker and as Larry mentioned Bökers Motto etch lettering is different than other producer etches. And it has Bökers trade marked pimpling in the motto. I lacked this information.
    -TJ-

Pimpling in the etch is impurities in the steel coming to the surface...one of the reasons why the etch is darkened or painted.

Some producers have it an others do not. It depends what is going into the steel mix that will determine pimpling or not.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast