Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?

Article about: These are some photos of a dagger a friend found in his late fathers stuff. I think it may be authentic but would like other opinions. His dad would buy storage units at auction before that

Default Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?

These are some photos of a dagger a friend found in his late fathers stuff. I think it may be authentic but would like other opinions. His dad would buy storage units at auction before that became popular on reality TV. He was only interested in antique furniture so everything else got shoved aside. Now I'm trying to help him sell some firearms and knives that he does nto want/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?   Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?  

Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?   Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?  

Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Robert Klaas M1933 SS dagger, real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hello.
    The parts of this dagger appear to be correct for Robert Klaas and are early period, but the dagger is in poor condition.
    The pictures are not very good, but there seems to be some interference in the tip of the blade and in the grip at the top guard.
    Wait for more opinions to confirm or reject my statement.
    Regards Georgi.

I think the tip was reshaped slightly at some point. The top guard is slightly loose, possibly from shrinkage of the ebony grip over the years. Condition is not the best, it's spent decades in an unheated garage. But I'm hesitant to clean it very much, I'd rather let the next owner handle that. I'd also be interested in any opinions on value.

?

Wait for another opinion to be sure exactly what you own. Grips usually shrink when stored in a dry and warm place. This is more commonly seen in late period daggers. Cleaning the dagger will not raise the price. Here colleagues do not set prices. Check out some auction house sites there are prices from different auctions.
    Regards Georgi.

Thanks for the protocol correction ;-D