Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )

Article about: Hi. My father dealt in a small way in German memorabilia back in the 1950s/60s. I know little about this subject and, as my father died a few years ago I am trying to help my mother identify

?

OK, thanks - will bear in mind. Unfortunate timing - we have just sold our house near Les Eyzies!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rohm SS dagger ( Need Identification and Authentication )
    P
    Many

Very lovely place un Dordogne

Glad I don't live next to Bordeaux, I'd be mortgaging everything for some great vintage Laffite's and Petrus to boot with Y'Quem for desert! After 20 + years selling wine in Hawaii, you are in the best place for enjoyment of stellar wines!

The “H” crossguard mark is typical for a Böker SS dagger, I believe it’s for Heinrich Böker but I don’t remember where I read that.

The tang mark of a two headed arrow is also fine for a Böker blade. These elements are only sufficient to figure the authenticity of the dagger. The money here is in the reverse dedication.

I can’t speak to the legitimacy of the Röhm dedication and it’s always best to get a knowledgeable person do an in hand inspection to be sure since if original this would be a very valuable item.

?

I like what I see on the dedication on this Rohm SS dagger by Boker. Not known by many but a leather covered scabbard was period encountered, but are rarely seen.
    Do not know if it was a company option or owner private enhancement.
    - Serge

Hello Serge (un collectionneur français ?)
    On the dedicated daggers this type of customization is made after by the owner. To my knowledge, only the daggers of honor were sheathed in original leather, but not all of them either.

?

Usa

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4