MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.

Article about: Greetings everyone, There is an auction coming up in about a week near me that has this SS dagger. I am sure it contains original parts, but I don't know enough about them to make an informe

RZM
    ?

Default RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.

Greetings everyone,

There is an auction coming up in about a week near me that has this SS dagger. I am sure it contains original parts, but I don't know enough about them to make an informed decision. To me, the motto and RZM logo look good, as does the rest of it. The handle is what worries me. The grip eagle looks to be a replacement. I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures, they are all I have at the moment. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.   RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.  

RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.   RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.  

RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.  
    Attached Images Attached Images RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM Marked SS Dagger For Review.
    P
    Many

Hi RZM..... your suspicions are correct!!...This particular maker 807/36 is known to still carry over into the mid period the early craftmanship seen on early type SS daggers.
    . With this maker you should be able to compare it to the 120/34 and 121/34 SS producers as the quality is the same.
    This one IMO is "roadkill"..comprised of parts and recent junk. I cant say much for the eagle as it could be a late alluminum type..but hard to say for sure due to the auction house photos.
    The grip is bogus..which is a commonly seen type on parts daggers..the wood is nothing seen on early to mid period examples. In the present condition that this dagger is in...this grip is too crispy and sharp to belong as the black paint does not show the slightest bit of fading..or wear for a 1936 timeline.
    Poor image quality...this dagger has been "Frankensteined"......be patient and save your money Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well Larry covered it

Ive seen this auction too, first toughts: its at its best parts dagger with good blade?.
    The crossguards lack the nickel quality the 807/36 that ive seen do have.
    Crossguards are plated zinq alloy ( on the internet this is better visisble) and the grip eagle is from alu.
    Grip is repro
    bad bad dagger.

Ger

I don't even like the looks of that Blade all that much either....all in all a 100% crappola dagger....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the info guys, I will definitely save my money for something better. After I got to looking at it again, I started seeing how low quality it really was. They also had a lot of other repro stuff in this auction. I guess that should have been a clue! lol. I just thought that maybe this one had a chance.