Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RZM SS review sought

Article about: Hi I'm interested in your feedback on this dagger. Particular I note that the scabbard paint doesn't go all the way to the nickel plated fittings and there's another black paint underneath w

Quote by Larry C View Post
    ...what my eyes see is a date ...12 1 1941...
    I agree with Larry. It's sure looks like a date.
    -TJ-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM SS review sought
    P
    Many

Yes Larry I initially read it as a date also.
    According the dealer this is the "original owner's SS information"

Could be, but Heinrick Hernandez is an unusual combination.

Can people please analyse the grip fitment. Those gaps are pretty big both top and bottom, and the grip is bigger than the height of the cross guards too. Ie it doesn't fit width or height.
    What are your opinions please

Although it is not uncommon to see some less than perfect fitted daggers ..I have seen this mid period producer having a better fit more so than others.
    The RZM utilized the designs to exercise production and standardization controls and IMO ...I would expect a better fit ...as they are out there to be found.
    IMO ....for me personally if I were to be collecting RZM daggers ..I would want a tighter fit...and to answer another question ...some of these daggers did loosen and also the grips did shrink a little.

It is normal to see grip shoulders slightly larger than the crossguards on some early to late produced daggers ...but this grip for me on this producer is a bit too much.
    Just my thoughts and personal preference.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for your considered response.
    I recognise that an absolute perfect perfect fit may not always be the case due to production variances and ageing but I tend to agree based on everything I've seen from my own research that gaps this wide top and bottom would have been unlikely to pass quality control.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM SS review sought  

?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    One characteristic of 3rd Reich edged weapon that I study and examine constantly, is paint. Because the subject is so subjective in regards to scabbards belonging to daggers, swords, bayonets, fighting knives and more. From the photos provided, I honestly like the paint on this one.
    The first thing i do is look for that typical high glossy shine that factory applied scabbards have.
    Like JR this one looks fine to me and i cant see a repaint in it, next to the fitting is just dirt, nothing more imo.

Ger

That's right. Was just accumulated dirt I got a magnifying glass.
    I am actually new to prescription glasses so I'm still adjusting to the fact that without them I can't really see that well.
    Once I got my prescription glasses from the office and bought them home and use the magnifying glass as well I could see that it was just built up stain/ grime.
    The challenge for me though was the grip fitment.
    But full refund offered.

Gebaaz if you wish to acquire a dagger ..it would be best to either send a PM to JR Meda..or post that request within the classified section of the forum.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3