Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Special German SS sword located in Spain

Article about: Hello I have found a very special sword. It is located, here in Spain, where I live. It is on sale. There is a letter of LTC. Thomas Johnson sayind that it is original. Greetings Jose Pascua

siroco
    ?

Default Special German SS sword located in Spain

Hello

I have found a very special sword. It is located, here in Spain, where I live. It is on sale. There is a letter of LTC. Thomas Johnson sayind that it is original.

Greetings

Jose Pascual
    Antigüedades Técnicas: Relojes antiguos, armas antiguas, gramófonos, fonógrafos, antigüedades científicas, máquinas antiguas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Special German SS sword located in Spain   Special German SS sword located in Spain  

Special German SS sword located in Spain   Special German SS sword located in Spain  

Special German SS sword located in Spain   Special German SS sword located in Spain  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Special German SS sword located in Spain

that is one sweet sword very nice if its real it cant be cheap

siroco
    ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    that is one sweet sword very nice if its real it cant be cheap
    No, it is not. I've been told that only 15 are known to be awarded during the war. This is a personal gift from Hitler himself to 6 officers of the SS. Himmler in person gave them the sword in the Eagle's Nest in 1938. The sword is in the spine of one of the books "Collecting the edged weapons of the Third Reich. I don't remenber which volume.

Greetings

Is the officer's SS number engraved anywhere on the sword? I personally like the piece. I have handled a few of the period SS Damascas degen and this has the right look. I believe it looks to be in this condition as it went directly from either the officer or his family to a collector. There were no middle men like young children whodecided to play sword fight with it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob
    With all due respect. The finish on the Damascus is not, shall we say, the quality one would expect from a sword presented by Hitler? The areas marked show a lack of care, which I doubt would have passed any inspection?

There are only a few "masters" with these blades. What are the initials on the tang? any idea. Plus I don't like the knot too much, but this is JMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Special German SS sword located in Spain  

?

WOW! looks great *****

i thought sraight off this looks bad and the sword makes me feel funny somehow and not for the good i dont like the blade but thats just little inexperianced me

Jose, does the letter give you any information of who the degen was presented to? I should imagine a degen of this callibre would have a lot of history behind it and that the same history would have been passed on with the degen, if the story is true as this does seem in extraordinary condition, also have you mailed johnston's site for any info as this may help you before you spend the the type of cash this degen would demand hope it turns out good for you ,
    cheer's Ronnie

?

From a first look the portepee is fake, what is real IMO is a crossguard and wooden handle, which was used from a usual police sabre. The blade is known fake with a lot of differences from original examples...
    Also the fake damascus...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

The badly visible place with number 1 dosen't say me nothing about damascus with that quality pictures
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast