Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule

Article about: Hello the forum I need your help about this very very nice SS 33 dagger from EICKHORN which comes with all perfect accoutrements.... The dagger and all its parts are in a pristine condition.

?

Default Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule

Hello the forum

I need your help about this very very nice SS 33 dagger from EICKHORN which comes with all perfect accoutrements....
    The dagger itself and all its parts are in pristine condition.
    But perhaps the story is too good to be true....
    I'm scared about your incoming advices
    I let you judge before I press the trigger (or not....)
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    ARNAUD
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule   Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule  

Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule   Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule
    P
    Many

?

Additionnal pictures of the blade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule   Ss 33 eickhorn a time capsule  

?

A broken dagger

?

Hello.
    The markings on this dagger are not what we want to see on an Eickhorn dagger. The manufacturer's logo looks like a Rohm dagger. Don't rush to buy.
    Regards Georgi.

Among other things questionable about this piece, the scabbard has been re-blued and may not even belong to this dagger based upon the scabbard to lower guard fit.

?

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    Among other things questionable about this piece, the scabbard has been re-blued and may not even belong to this dagger based upon the scabbard to lower guard fit.
    Ok
    Can you list the questionnable things please ?
    Because the scabbard screws seem never touched, no sign of a screwdriver here....

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Ok
    Can you list the questionnable things please ?
    Because the scabbard screws seem never touched, no sign of a screwdriver here....
    First off... anyone who knows what they are doing can remove the screws without damaging them. Seeing that scabbard would be enough for me not to go any further if I was seriously looking to purchase this dagger. As I previously stated, the scabbard to guard fit looks bad and the photo is even at a poor angle to see how truly bad it might be.

Second... I have no idea what is going on with the grip finish. Is that paint that has been worn away? I don't recall ever seeing an original SS grip wear like that.

Third... I would expect to see an early high neck eagle in a Rohm dagger.

Fourth... all of the metal fittings have been buffed out to a point of looking plated. In fact, I'm not positive the scabbard fittings are solid nickel.

Fifth... I would expect the guards to be marked internally with HE or AR. Not St.

So for me, this dagger has at the very least been humped up, and very likely could be a parts dagger. Do you really want that in your collection?

?

Scabbard looks plated to me with later dome head screws. Not sure what's going on with grip. Does look like paint wearing off.

Tim

The St marked guards are mostly used on 13 SA dagger producers and observed on 2 SS producers Klaas and Gottleib Hammesfahr .

the guards are not Eickhorn at all especially with this being a Ground Rohm ...the collector will look for the deep accent grooves.
    The whole dagger looks mint except for the grip as Skyline pointed out. Why is the grip in bad shape and not a scratch on the rest of the dagger anywhere.

@ georgi ..Eickhorn did produce Rohm SS daggers.

Arnaud ...dont pull the trigger and put the gun down and save your money. Too much going on with too many questionable details.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Ok thanks for all your answers.
    I'll let this dagger go...

As we used to say in France : la mariée était trop belle.....

Best regards

ARNAUD