Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS chained dagger for review

Article about: Hello Collectors, I'm considering this SS chained dagger for purchase. I do not have much expertise in this area and would like some opinions. The seller is reliable and honest, as I've had

Default SS chained dagger for review

Hello Collectors,

I'm considering this SS chained dagger for purchase. I do not have much expertise in this area and would like some opinions. The seller is reliable and honest, as I've had good experience with ,but as with all things in Third Reich collections, vetting is a must.

Thanks in advance,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS chained dagger for review   SS chained dagger for review  

SS chained dagger for review   SS chained dagger for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS chained dagger for review
    P
    Many

The cross guard appears to have a member number stamped on the bottom, do you know what the number is?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's 10 110

close up of number
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS chained dagger for review  

Scabbard center ramp is junk.
    Monster size non period dome head screws are in place.
    Chain link connection to Wotans knot is severed.

That screamer of a blade from what I can see doesnt have one scratch or light runner mark compared to the rest of the daggers outer condition.

Can you show a better photo of the SS proof stamp on the reverse chain tab please?
    You may also want to use the forum search engine and type in " Chained SS dagger Type B2 " to compare to.

Please show close up pic of the blade crossgrain if possible also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A what is very possibly an early version "East Bloc" fake with a complete poor/junk chain set assembly. Sometimes fakers used modified M1933 daggers as the basis, other times heavily or all new parts. What's needed are some really good photos although the they won't change the final verdict of it being a fake. Best Regards, Fred

Hello Gents, thanks for the responses. I let the seller know the issues and backed out of the deal. Thank you very much for the information