Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Dagger

Article about: Hello Thanks for looking at the post, I ran across this dagger yesterday. It has numbers at the top of the grip looks to me like 46205. It came with paperwork, but I am seeking more informat

By the way.........wipe off that green crap off the top guard..it is unnecessary to be there. It does not add to the value..and if real verdigris..will eventually do damage to your fittings.

In regards to the hanger..I wasnt sure if the hanger was easily removable which you will see an RZM number stamped down the center of the inside part of the hanger which is hidden up against the scabbard. The SS stamping seen on the hanger is the end of the RZM stamp. Not necessary to remove it ..and would rather you leave it be. Just curious. Looks to be 1934 type.

SS Dagger
    Gerrit Photo

Gerrit ...HAD !! ...a very nice Boker with a 1934 marked vertical hanger .....I did say HAD...but the overall condition was Primo Front step Quality

Early SS Dienstdolch by Boker

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-10-2016 at 04:53 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Wagriff Thanks for the link I sent him an email & he returned with an answer ASAP! I plan to purchase a package.

Hi Curt:

Congrats on your purchase of your Böker SS dagger numbered 76 205! That SS membership number was assigned to SS-Untersturmführer Willi Braun, DOB 8 January 1912, NSDAP No. 1 429 237. He has a SS Officer File and a Race & Settlement File (all SS men and their wives had to go through an application process to get permission to marry). He may also have NSDAP membership files cards. He is listed in the SS-Dienstalterslistes for 12/1936, 12/1937, 12/1938. I will take a look at these files on my next trip to the Archives and can then give you an estimate for obtaining a research package. Contact me by the end of next week if you have not heard back from me as I sometimes get overwhelmed with email requests.

Best of continued luck collecting!

Regards,

Ross Kelbaugh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2