Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger Aeskulap with port epee

Article about: Dear friends i want to sell my sell SS Dagger made by Aeskulap Tuttlingen in a very nice worn condition and nice patina Never open from me with the original portopee and a romanian 1 on the

Default SS Dagger Aeskulap with port epee

Dear friends

i want to sell my sell SS Dagger made by Aeskulap Tuttlingen in a very nice worn condition and nice patina
    Never open from me with the original portopee and a romanian 1 on the cross guard , stamped not in the middle , but on the left side.
    Before selling pls have a look and tell us pls your opinions
    regards tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger Aeskulap with port epee   SS Dagger Aeskulap with port epee  

SS Dagger Aeskulap with port epee   SS Dagger Aeskulap with port epee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Aeskulap with port epee
    P
    Many

Hi Schnu ! I dont thnk you will get far with this one in selling it. Aesculap did not make SS daggers
    SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch distribution markings & Early producers

The Blade motto appears to be a mid period RZM type from WKC RZM 1053/38 ..the logo is bogus and was added on IMO.( See below)

Scabbard is late period from the rust I see. The SS district stamping should be in the middle....and not of to the side...examples have been encountered where the district stamping is sideways..but never off to the side.

The grip is recent. A very good attempt ...but not good enough..if this is supposed to be an early grip. Possibly a repainted SA Grip. Its up to you if you still want to sell it..but my advice...it can not be sold here.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post

Scabbard is late period from the rust I see.
    Hi Larry,
    i know it's an older post ,but the scabbard is also not from period. For sure it's shorter then reals,i bet on it.
    Further take a look at the upper ring
    @Schnurrbart,are you also member of the MFF?

Regards,
    Gerd

Hi Gerd great to see you here ,,,pull up a bar stool. The beer is on the house..along with the pretzels,,. Yes you are correct after taking a closer look at the scabbard..it is a not an early type. Another set of SS eyes are always welcomed Regards Larry

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Hi Larry,,I know it's an older post ,but the scabbard is also not from period. For sure it's shorter then reals,i bet on it.
    Further take a look at the upper ring
    Please by all means..if you may provide photos....... the forum would welcome any differences that could be seen between the 2 sizes. We are al here to learn
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-18-2014 at 04:00 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill