Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger review request.

Article about: Gentlemen, This is a potential purchase for me and admittedly out of my wheelhouse. It was inherited by an acquaintance of mine who is considering selling it to me. I see what I believe to b

Default SS Dagger review request.

Gentlemen,

This is a potential purchase for me and admittedly out of my wheelhouse. It was inherited by an acquaintance of mine who is considering selling it to me. I see what I believe to be a ground Rohm by Herder, however it is in a chained scabbard.

The crossguard is numbered and I did research the SS Officer so I realize it is entirely possible he received the Rohm dagger and then transferred to a chain scabbard.

Would you please review the pictures sent to me to insure the authenticity? It is very much appreciated!

SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.SS Dagger review request.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger review request.
    P
    Many

?

Perhaps he kept the dagger and just bought the chained scabbard to go with it ?

Dagger seems ok, but buffed up

That's what I was wondering might be possible. Especially if he had it numbered.

At its very best it's a parts piece. At its worst maybe even a variant of one of the so-called "East Bloc" fakes - much, much better (and both sides) pictures needed. Best Regards, Fred

Additional photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger review request.   SS Dagger review request.  

SS Dagger review request.   SS Dagger review request.  

Hi Lynette

Close up photos please of the chain tabs showing the skulls and SS runes
    photo of the reverse side of chain showing the SS proof stamping

Close up of the motto as well ....PLEASE USE NO FLASH .....since there is so much steel and shiney fittings..the flash washes out an discernible detail needed for authentication...but I also agree with Fred that this ensemble has been parted together and has nothin to do with the mismatch of the standard SS dagger with logo married to the Chained SS scabbard.

That detail can be discussed later.
    More photos please

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Gentlemen. I have requested more photos.

I'm thinking it is wiser for me to pass on this one as it is a bit too involved for my tastes. This posted saved me from making an expensive mistake. I appreciate it Gentlemen.
    Last edited by Lynette; 07-12-2022 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Double post

The SS number stamping and font also needs to be examined through clearer photos.
    It is no surprise to SS dagger collectors here that there have been many fake stampings to hump up a daggers value.

Its best that you do walk away from this...but if you get more photos...the community and myself will greatly appreciate it which will advance our data base here. So your contribution of this dagger now is appreciated as well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill