Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS dagger RZM M7/36 real or replica?

Article about: I think this one Definitely needs to go in "the worst" thread, Larry...

Default SS dagger RZM M7/36 real or replica?

Hello, I just aquired this dagger from someone who said he had received it from a German officer during WWII, and I was wondering whether it was real or a replica.
    I'm only worried about the hilt being something other than wood. But I've seen some pictures of genuine works with handles that do not look like wood either, hence the doubt.

If it were real, any idea how much it'd be worth?

Thanks in advance.

SS dagger  RZM M7/36 real or replica?SS dagger  RZM M7/36 real or replica?
    SS dagger  RZM M7/36 real or replica?

If you need any more photos for closer inspection I'll gladly supply them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger  RZM M7/36 real or replica?
    P
    Many

in short hes kidding you on my friend its a sloppy reproduction to me! sorry!

just compare the motto eagle , marking to fine originals yours in nothing like it imho

Ah, too bad. Thanks anyway though!

do wait for more opinions, more opinions are always good!

?

Compare it with other SS daggers...

No Ronin like Ewan says it's a poor fake, leather buffer pad to blade ...no no... bad blade etch, and everything really total fake sorry matey,
    cheers Ronnie

Just look at the grip eagle-how it's inset into the grip, for one. Is that grip even Wood? it almost looks like extruded plastic. I agree...a definitely Not good piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

South America fake? I believe they use that rzm code on their fakes, which wasn't even used for SS daggers, but instead for SA daggers.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-15-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Welcome to the forum . Mr. Reronin..the dagger is as fake as the story you were given and as fake as numerous Adolf Hitler signatures floating about. At first look the grip says everything as Chinese junk worth $30. The grip is plastic unlike wood originals,, compare your squared off 45 degree eagle wings slant cut to the rounded feathered edges of this Eickhorn example.

The story you were given has been heard over and over and in the end its the dagger that proves the story wrong. I hope you did not pay much for it. Our collectors eyes are sharp here in more ways than one

Below is a pic of the correct eagle style. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger  RZM M7/36 real or replica?  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, was M7/36 rzm code even used for the ss dagger? Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast