Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936 Type II officer's dagger

Article about: Hi Ade i agree with you also but that type of money to hand over in a semi blind buy scares me to death

?

The centerramp seems to be plated which would fit for B2...

We needed pics of the back of the chain anyway...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936 Type II officer's dagger
    P
    Many

Anyone else seeing what Im seeing?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Pfff no Larry, my eyes are almost thumbling out of their sockets. And I know that you have eagle-eyes for these things...
    I pass. :-(
    Last edited by KRISSE; 11-20-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Maybe its my eyes coming out of its sockets..I could swear that the tab skulls appear to be Type C..but the photos are hard to enlarge becoming pixelated.

Below is a reference thread showing the 4 Chain Types
    Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types

Maybe its not your eyes Krisse and maybe it is mine after working long hours
    What are your thoughts on the skull type..because the photos suck in the first post.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Use the link to 'liveauctioneers' in Post 3. There you can zoom in on the links.
    The holes in the links for the smaller links have for sure no squared corners which is been seen on type C chains but the correct rounded holes for B-type.
    My opinion is still that this is a B2 without a doubt. Skulls are also not the C-types but the correct B-types.

Link in post 3 is dead after 6 yrs..but will agree to take a closer look again.
    The largeness of the cranium at first glance appeared as a Type C

?

SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936 Type II officer's daggerStrange, link works perfect for me.

Here's two shots...

?

Another one full chain.

The truth be told and found..thankyou Krisse for posting the extra pics.

Upon closer examination and through better photo quality I also agree that this is also a Type B2 Chain.
    This example still retains very much of its silver plating. Even though the thread is 6 yrs too late....but a further study is always welcomed and never late.
    I would of preferred also to see the reverse side of the tabs.

Regards Larry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3