Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Ground Röhm?

Article about: Hi everyone, Was thinking of purchasing this dagger? Just wanted your thoughts and opinions on this piece, it’s a numbered ground Röhm and it has been researched and comes from a member of t

Default SS Ground Röhm?

Hi everyone,
    Was thinking of purchasing this dagger? Just wanted your thoughts and opinions on this piece, it’s a numbered ground Röhm and it has been researched and comes from a member of the Waffen SS which is why I really like it. It’s quiet expensive so I just wanted to see what everyone thought.
    Thanks everybody.
    SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?SS Ground Röhm?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ground Röhm?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Do I see "grind" marks UNDER the maker logo?

And shouldn't the logo be down closer to the cross guard?

But will leave it to the pro's to opine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Didn’t spot that, cheers.
    Not sure if they’re scratches under the logo or not
    because of the photos.
    Thanks mate.

MAP
    ?

When you enlarge it. The one grind mark going through the oval and into the "H" appears to be under the logo.

Doesn't make sense to fake a grind first then add a fake logo afterwards but I will leave the dagger/blade authentication to others. This is just what I think see.

Click to enlarge

SS Ground Röhm?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, I see what you mean.
    But like you I don’t know why you would fake the grind then do the logo, I’ll see what the general consensus is, but great spotting mate.
    Cheers..

MAP
    ?

The logo is in the correct position for a ground Hammesfahr dagger I think. Ignore what I noted above.

I'm out of my element ... let's wait for others

Lol, that’s why I love this forum.
    Everybody spots everything down to the smallest detail.
    Thanks for your help.

Parts dagger from varied production periods

grip eagle is late ...cant much about the numbers on the lower guard as they could of been applied anytime.

The killer is the fake ground on the blade which there may have never been an inscription there in the first place.

@ Michael..this producer never used a small logo and has always been in the same position with their Rohm inscription daggers.

Also good spot on the grind under the lettering

The photo gives the impression of a late period factory grind finish ..which the lighting in the photo gives that impression..so it could either way be good or bad.

Overall messed with and parted.
    Save your money Aussie !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I disagree. I believe this to be a legit period Hammesfahr M33

Really? Could you please explain? Do you believe it to be a Röhm?
    What about the grip eagle?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast