Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS M36 ex Rohm

Article about: Good Evening Collectors! I need your help concerning this Ex-Rohm SS Dagger by Herder. Does this looks period for you? Parts seems to be all early but the Runes-Button and Eagle doesn't appe

Question SS M36 ex Rohm

Good Evening Collectors!

I need your help concerning this Ex-Rohm SS Dagger by Herder.
    Does this looks period for you?

Parts seems to be all early but the Runes-Button and Eagle doesn't appear to be Herder.
    I like the Motto but not sure about the Rohm Inscription.

I'd like to pull the trigger on this, so any advice from you all are welcomed!

Yours
    Blueprint SS M36 ex RohmSS M36 ex RohmSS M36 ex RohmSS M36 ex RohmSS M36 ex Rohm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M36 ex Rohm
    P
    Many

Save your bullets !

Now seeing these photos on a larger screen than my cell phone ...Im not too thrilled with the upper guard to grip fit.

These SS Rohms can go near 20k and with a SS mans number.
    Something like this ....NEVER urchase without a desimination of the dagger.

The SS number comes back to a Wilhelm Durr
    Sturmfuhrer in 1934
    Obersturmfuhrer in 1936

But does this dagger belong to him as that number could of been placed on there at any time...and is there any provenance?
    What was Mr Weitze price tag on this dagger..although it has been sold.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry for your response!

Qualitywise I was wondering myself too that the fittings were not that perfect but first dismissed them as shrinking of the wood propably had it's impact on the hilt.

I didn't knew that those Ex-Rohm's are that valuable. I always thought that Himmler Daggers were in that price range.
    Afterwards, what did wondered me, was, that Weitze has a SS-Dagger attributed to a regular SS-Man currently for sale too. Included with this dagger is his research file. But qualitywise it's much "poorer" than the above mentioned dagger. (I attached a picture of the dagger).

But strangely it cost's the SAME as the Ex-Rohm, listed for 5,2k USD!
    No provenance was mentioned by Weitze. Just that he found the SS-Man, just like you did.

Cheers
    Blueprint

SS M36 ex Rohm

SS Rohms are more sought after IMO ...since the SS at the time when Rohm was still alive.....the SS was sub servient to the SA ..and Rohm had his name put on those daggers as well.

Partial SS Rohms are not as expensive as Full SS Rohms..but I would say ...$5200 US is a low price for a Partial SS Rohm.
    FULL Ground SS Rohms are running near 5K.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill