Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any Thoughts (Pit helmet)

Article about: Hi all, Any thoughts on my find, Found it on Sunday boot market from on old English guy, seems to be genuine(looks,feels,smells real) got it for 30euro so wasn't a gamble for that money, it'

Default Any Thoughts (Pit helmet)

Hi all,
    Any thoughts on my find,
    Found it on Sunday boot market from on old English guy, seems to be genuine(looks,feels,smells real) got it for 30euro so wasn't a gamble for that money, it's in a bit of rough condition but considering age and that's it a cork helmet would say not too bad, any thoughts guys what you think about it, last picture had to adjust the setting to bring out the stamp, looks fake but stamp is more visible on Picture,
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any Thoughts (Pit helmet)
    P
    Many

Default Another picture

?

A nice, early one. It’s had a hard life, but it oozes character!
    Excellent buy for €30!

MAP
    ?

The helmet looks good. Not sure what happened to the badge. I see three holes. Almost like someone drove some tacks or nails through it. Are there extra holes for the prongs on the inside?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's guys looks a bit rough but it has character and personally prefer this way then brand new looking one, and yep badge is damaged where pins ware, looks like maybe someone tried to pulled it off with force and just broke off where pins ware, unfortunately right hand side badge the flag is gone, missing in action, but li

?

Appears to be dated 1941, beneath the maker’s logo.
    Even with all the wear and tear, it’s a great looking piece and I would gladly welcome it to my collection.
    Well done!
    Rob.

Now i see it, it's very difficult to see it, you don't see much of the for sale these day, hard to come by, just out of curiosity what's the value of one these days? just letting know it's not for sale just in case some one might ask, and would anyone know possible maker from looking at the shape of stamp