Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??

Article about: Please help ID and how to preserve?

Default Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??

Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??
    Please help ID and how to preserve?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help ID and best way to clean? I’m waiting for renaissance wax??
    P
    Many

Looks like an M34 Civic Fire/police helmet.

As a museum professional I am not a fan of applying anything to preserve an item or conserve an item.. but that is my opinion and others will disagree...and what you do with your items is up to you....

But with that said I would carefully wipe the surface and interior with some warm soapy water and thoroughly dry just to get some of the surface dirt off.

Smitty

Ok thanks

Again, it's your helmet so you can do with it what you wish.. As I was relooking at the pictures while you are cleaning it you may be able to take a soft bristle brush, (soft toothbrush) and clean around the rim of the helmet and get rid of some of the dirt and rust.. Just use a soft brush, and not a metal brush as it will cause more scratches on the surface. It looks as if poor storage caused most of this decay and deterioration.

Smitty

Preserving is more than often leaving things as they are , people often think things need to get oiled and cleaned etcetera but time has proven that helmets that got such treatment unfortunately are worse off than those that didn't.
    The tricolor on this one doesn't look good can you do a close up.

?

Tri color is on the wrong side and probably fake. I would not clean it but put it on ebay and use the money to get yourself a good one. Rob

Ok