Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy

Article about: Hi everyone I'm from Guernsey and bought 3 WW2 helmets from Normandy during my recent visit and was hoping for some information on them I know 1 is Bulgarian and the other 2 German. One appe

Question Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy

Hi everyone

I'm from Guernsey and bought 3 WW2 helmets from Normandy during my recent visit and was hoping for some information on them

I know 1 is Bulgarian and the other 2 German. One appears to be double decal but very faded and the other is very tatty!

I can compare them against model numbers etc. online but was just interested what you thought about the "paint" on one of them (the tatty one) as I may restore this as it looks to be not original and the double decal faded one I will 99% keep as it is. Can't tell what decals they were though as very faded.

Many thanks
    Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy   Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy  

Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy   Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy  

Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just bought 3 helmets from Normandy
    P
    Many

Hi,
    Honest relic condition helmets, if You intend to restore the M42 helmet shell - the 1st from the left side- i don't think it would be a huge loss. Allthough if You will wish to resell it- You may not return the money invested in restoration. About the M35 helmet- the decals are far to gone to identify them- could be either Wehrmacht, or SS- but those are just speculations.
    With best regards,

They are probably best left as relics and nice display pieces. IMO.

I see nothing gained in "restoring" these, friend...I advise leaving them as they are...