Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kursier Helmet?

Article about: Found a helmet coming up in an estate auction. They have it labeled as a WWI German Helmet. I look at it and it looks to be Prussian Cavalry. Now what I find odd about it is that the visor h

?

Default Kursier Helmet?

Found a helmet coming up in an estate auction. They have it labeled as a WWI German Helmet. I look at it and it looks to be Prussian Cavalry. Now what I find odd about it is that the visor has a point to it that looks like French Cavalry. Mean while the base of the spike has decor I've usually seen around Bavarian military helmets. What's going on here?

I think they have it mislabeled. Around here in Indiana if they think it's a simple WWI German helmet they'll think it's worth $300. But is it an older worth $800+? If that's the case, I could get this thing on the cheap for what it is. But I'm having trouble ID'ing it properly to get an idea if it's real, repo, or only worth scrap.

Sorry I only have 2 photos from the auction website. No, they don't do online bidding so the only way you'd be able to buy it is fly out to Indiana by Saturday.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kursier Helmet?   Kursier Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kursier Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Kurassier Helmet! I typed it correctly, but auto correct thought I meant something else.

The cockade is Prussian, not sure about the helmet itself it does look odd to me.

?

Okay, I'm not alone on this then.