Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LandesPolizei M35 DD

Article about: I really don't see these that often so I wanna get some opinions on it Thanks!

I haven't seen a ton of relics before, but it doesn't make the ones I haven't seen rare. This is surely an oddity, and not a "rule following" helmet for sure. In my opinion, I don't see anything "wrong" per se, but it is weird enough for me to back away from it.

One thing I'd like to point out, is that the description says that it was found a few years ago (which could mean anything really) in the Moscow region. Moscow region is a huge place, meaning they could have found that helmet around the region anywhere. It doesn't mean they rob graves. It's a hell of a thing to accuse somebody of.

I have mixed feelings for SF. I would tend to stay away from the SS helmets, and a few other obvious ones, but the majority of the helmets on there are fine, relic conditioned pieces. Just pay attention to the decaled ones.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LandesPolizei M35 DD
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Will95 View Post
    By rare I meant i haven’t seen it yet I never said it was real. To find these helmets if orignsl in the ground is rare from my experience
    Thanks Will.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Is this sarcasm? Yet we haven’t answered luftwafs question it’s been about my response the whole time. From my experience I grew up next to the Soviet Union/ Russia. My cousins live in Moscow and they do diggings but they can’t in Moscow they head to Stalingrad or sometimes north Karelia for ss diggings. It is time we get back on topic

MAP
    ?

Quote by Will95 View Post
    Is this sarcasm? Yet we haven’t answered luftwafs question it’s been about my response the whole time. From my experience I grew up next to the Soviet Union/ Russia. My cousins live in Moscow and they do diggings but they can’t in Moscow they head to Stalingrad or sometimes north Karelia for ss diggings. It is time we get back on topic
    Is what sarcasm? My reply in post #12? I was just thanking your for your explanation.

Each language has it's own nuances. It is my view (unless happily proven otherwise), that the use of the term "rare" means that this helmet configuration actually existed. Where as I don't think it ever existed. Thus not "rare" but "fake". Using the term "rare" is misleading.

Furthermore, no one has or is disputing your comment that if it is actually from the Moscow area then it was illegally dug up.

Luftwaf's only question is whether this helmet is real. Not if it was illegally dug up.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi. This is what I meant about if the helmet is real or fake. I still speak English good but don’t understand many things as you said. I also though it was sarcasm.

Without Prejudice.

I think the question is "What qualifies you to say that this is such a "rare" item?"

What is your experience and expertise in the hobby?

You do seem to be very fond of this particular seller despite the opinions expressed by some very experienced collectors here.

If a recognised expert who has been in the hobby for many years and has much experience with the item in question says it is (a) Genuine. (b) rare, that is one thing but if someone with very little experience in the hobby and none of the item in question says it is rare just because he has never seen one before that is quite a different thing.

The question is; why do you think it is real/rare and can you show any evidence?

Whether your English is good is simply not relevant. We have members here who speak virtually no English and we always manage to communicate.

Most of us who have looked at this thread do not like this helmet for very good reasons but we are all keen to learn something new if you can tell us!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

$600 seems alot of money for a relic shell in such condition. Whether the decals are original wartime applied might be open to conjecture. Personally for $600 you could get a far better helm. Buy the item, not the story - who is to say it was dug in Moscow, they are dealers it has passed through many hands I expect.

It is all pretty simple. If you don't grasp that good big high quality photos and close-ups are required when collecting Third Reich militaria then it's best to look for another safer hobby.
    Seems like especially the ground dug topics seem to suffer from this lack of realisation.
    You can post a hundred more helmets like this with decals from whatever , it is just pointless.

Thanks for the comments! I suspected that it might be fake when I couldn't really find anything about a m35 double decal like this so thanks for verifying it was!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2