Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 Camo?

Article about: I sold all my German helmets a few years ago, and told myself I would stay away from them, but..... I was at the antique fair yesterday, and got too close to this one, and it came home with

?

Bingo! Thanks! Never thought to look on the dome. R1126

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Camo's are notoriously difficult to opine on. Especially with photos. In hand it is much easier if you know what to look for.

From these photos I'm not seeing red flags. I think it stands a good chance.
    Last edited by MAP; 10-23-2020 at 06:53 PM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Doug, I’m with MAP on this one. Nothing looks contrived or designed to create the impression of an original camo. The exterior paint and interior condition look commensurate and while it’s quite an unorthodox design, it’s not unusual to see. I think it is likely that it just might be an original example. I think it has been stored quite poorly leading to the condition we see it in.

If you have the time and are able to take more photos, perhaps some very, very closeup closeup shots, like the last photo I posted. Not being able to handle it, closeups will really help.

By the way, the heating lot number should be located directly in the centre of the dome inside the helmet.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 10-23-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Oops, missed that you found it Doug! The “R” in the code stands for the steelworks Stahlwerk Rochling Volkingen, which is where the steel for your helmet was milled.

Andy

I like the look of it too, the paint looks like I'd expect it to.
    Don't see anything inherently wrong about it.
    Unusual camo but as we all know, there's lots of those, just not many survived until today.
    Luis

?

Thank you to all for all the info! Here are a few more pics; I wish I would break down and buy a good camera
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Camo?   M16 Camo?  

M16 Camo?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2