Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?

Article about: Hello everyone! I'm currently looking at purchasing this M35 relic because of the multiple layers of paint. To my eye I can see 4 layers of paint including a Tan/Orange color that I am not f

Default M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?

Hello everyone!
    I'm currently looking at purchasing this M35 relic because of the multiple layers of paint.
    To my eye I can see 4 layers of paint including a Tan/Orange color that I am not familiar with.
    Has anyone seen something similar to this on another helmet or a vehicle? I have seen multiple desert tan Items but they have had more of a brown/yellow hue.
    Any advice is appreciated!

M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?
    P
    Many

Better pictures are needed.. I personally never saw one in this color before, but I'm still a little wet behind the ears. Wait for an experts opinion on this.

Yes as stated better pictures are needed, decal areas, inside the helmet and overal pictures of the outside of the helmet.

MAP
    ?

yes better photos.

The "tan" could be a DAK pink but very had to tell and color interpretation is always difficult with photos. Also odd in the the tan appears to be over another layer of camo which is over the base coat. I don't think I've ever seen a DAK pink (if that is it and I'm not saying it is at this point) over another camo paint.

Just musing at this point because I really can't see much to form an opinion
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Decided to buy it out of curiosity. I'll post better pictures when it arrives.

MAP
    ?

Can you get a refund?

Looked closer. layers of paint where the split pins would be. That is a yellow flag. Usually means the paint was applied with the liner out of the helmet (i.e post war).

2nd photo, I think I see paint in the pitting on the top of the helmet. But photos are blurry and can't zoom in.

Just my opinion......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post

Looked closer. layers of paint where the split pins would be. That is a yellow flag. Usually means the paint was applied with the liner out of the helmet (i.e post war).
    Agree. That is not something I would want to see.

Also I get a funny vibe about the paint colors but would want to see the entire helmet in a couple photos first, followed by close ups of sections.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you gentlemen for your excellent advice. I've asked for clearer pictures and will post when available.

There's at least four layers of paint there.

Ok gentlemen more pictures. Still not the best but I don't believe there was any paint added over rust, only rust bubbling through the paint.
    As to the paint around the liner holes I will assume a well used helmet with a small gap in the side pins. There are clearly pin rings in the paint.
    As to the age and authenticity of the paint I will defer to the more experienced members here.
    Ultimately I am going to purchase it because it intrigues me and that is the entire reason I began collecting. Once I receive it I will throughly photograph each area for closer scrutiny. Again thank you all for your opinions and the knowledge you share!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?   M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?  

M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?   M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?  

M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?   M35 DD with TROPICAL Paint?  

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast