Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 SS authentication

Article about: Hi all, It's me again bothering you guys with questions, hope you don't mind, That you think about this M35 helmet paint, I wouldn't be worried about helmet it's self just the paint and deca

Default M35 SS authentication

Hi all,
    It's me again bothering you guys with questions, hope you don't mind,
    That you think about this M35 helmet paint, I wouldn't be worried about helmet it's self just the paint and decals, do I think correct thinking it's too good to be true, seems oddly too good and should decals not be a bit higher as they seems to be low, Just over all would I be right things someone painted and put decals after, apologies I have zero knowledge on decals and authentication of things
    Thanks a million for all help guys,
    M35 SS authentication
    M35 SS authentication
    M35 SS authentication
    M35 SS authentication
    M35 SS authentication
    M35 SS authentication
    M35 SS authentication
    Last edited by Amadeusz120; 04-15-2024 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Extra information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS authentication
    P
    Many

I'm not a fan of the decals or the fresh paint job. The stahlhelm meisters will be along to dissect this one for you.

Thank you for your comment, seems a bit too good, let's see what the rest will say

The SS decal seema too centre to the vent if I'm not mistaken they should be a bit back then in the middle of it

Give this one a miss and invest your money in some good German helmet reference books. Study them well before you consider buying any more helmets.

Cheers,
    Steve

If it’s to good to be true it usually is, as the saying goes. Sometimes you can get lucky, but unfortunately not the case with this one. As Steve said, arm yourself with reference books and knowledge. The knowledge you gain from them will far outweigh the small outlay. And don’t worry about posting helmets here in the helmet section! The guys are here because they love looking at helmets.

And in the meantime, have a look at Schwerpunkt’s website and in particular the SS section for some classic original examples.
    SS Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Andy

I am always sad to see someone taking a chance on a SS decaled helmet. They are so often faked. You should consider sticking with Heer or Luftwaffe. Neil

?

I would steer clear of this helmet. The paint and decals look too new. As Steve and Andy have already said, I would recommend studying up on and learning more about helmets before spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars. There are many great books and resources online. Good luck on your helmet hunting journey!

Cheers,
    Lucas

One second one look from across the street fake. Jim G.

?

Looks like someone has gone around the liner with sandpaper in an attempt to age it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast