Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.

Article about: hello sirs, i'm not sure how to verify whether helmets are fake or real... i think the stamp says "0288" but i can't really tell. id appreciate any information on this helmet

?

Default M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.

hello sirs, i'm not sure how to verify whether helmets are fake or real...
    M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.
    i think the stamp says "0288" but i can't really tell. id appreciate any information on this helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.
    P
    Many

I see paint over the tri shield so id say its a M35 with a brush applied repaint per the new regulations, the eagle looks like it may have been scrubbed but not sure if it's just the picture that's making it look like that

?

thank you for taking a look

Condition doesn't really tally with it being a dug helmet. The decals and condition are fine for a one time liberated and shelved relic.

I like it - and for me, I think the following ...

the vent bushing with the hole having an edge radius makes me think its a Quist -they made M35s as Double Decal Heers well into the 5 digits so I reckon the lot # is 10288

I also think it has BOTH a regulation painting over of the shield AND a rough field repaint going by the brush strokes - especially on the inside skirt.

I think this might be a wet area find that has been thoroughly scrubbed of mud ( too roughly ) by the digger hunting for the decals ........BUT, when they are so covered with decades of gunk, some sacrifices have to be made in the cleaning process......if I were still collecting these, I would like it on my shelf!

One I do still have that is similar .....

M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia. M35 Stahlhelm, apparently dug up in Russia.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

i think i might have made a mistake, they said it was found in russia, not dug up.. my bad.
    thank you for taking a look though

?

that's a nice helmet you have there, thanks for the information