Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Camo from Kurland marshes

Article about: Here is my first (relic) helmet post on the forum. Hope you like it :-) A Q64 M40 camo found a few years ago in marshy ground in Latvia, Kurland region. On the GHW forum another collector su

Default M40 Camo from Kurland marshes

Here is my first (relic) helmet post on the forum. Hope you like it :-) A Q64 M40 camo found a few years ago in marshy ground in Latvia, Kurland region. On the GHW forum another collector suggested that the 'bubbles' may be caused by fire, and as you can see on the rear left side it looks like the brown camo paint is a bit charred. Anyhow, a M40 camo found after 75 + years out in the field in quite amazing condition I think.

M40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshesM40 Camo from Kurland marshes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Camo from Kurland marshes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo from Kurland marshes
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The bubbles certainly could be from a fire. Really had to be sure after being in the ground so long. It's also in on other parts of the helmet than the just the blackened area.

Either way, It's a nice looking relic camo. Better than most we see. It will display quite well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As said over on the the other forum, a really nice relic helmet. I like the brush strokes inside the front visor.

Andy

Good solid shell, better than the average relic shell for sure.