Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Camo SS

Article about: Hi, here is an M40, heavy pitted relic helmet with remains of okra/green camo (sprayed?) overpaint. Quite visible is a SS decal that in my opinion was lightly covered by the camo paint. Shel

Default M40 Camo SS

Hi, here is an M40, heavy pitted relic helmet with remains of okra/green camo (sprayed?) overpaint. Quite visible is a SS decal that in my opinion was lightly covered by the camo paint. Shell is Q64 with the batch visible but I can't really decipher it. Also number 31 painted on the backside rim. The inside looks very blue-ish colored, almost Luftwaffe? Love to here your thoughts on this one.

M40 Camo SSM40 Camo SSM40 Camo SSM40 Camo SSM40 Camo SSM40 Camo SSM40 Camo SSM40 Camo SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo SS
    P
    Many

Not a relic guy by any stretch but the decal, from what I see, could be a "Q" runic shield. For me a definite maybe. Jim G.

always the problem with these relic shells , very hard to authenticate. The inside color is weird but could be so from the chemicals.
    I also see a Q style runic shield but for me the lower left of the rune seems to far from the border.
    I would say impossible to be sure from photos and perhaps even with a hands on.

MAP
    ?

I agree with Frank. These relics are almost impossible to authenticate. Especially from photos. And also agree with the possibility that the treatment often changes the original paint color
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)