Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M40 helmet found near the don river in a village. What do you guys think first helmey

Article about: Hello. I purchased a Wehrmacht helmet long ago and it finally arrived today what do you guys think about it cost me 150 aud but shipping more expensive! It has a lot number it’s rather EF6

?

Default M40 helmet found near the don river in a village. What do you guys think first helmey

Hello. I purchased a Wehrmacht helmet long ago and it finally arrived today what do you guys think about it cost me 150 aud but shipping more expensive! It has a lot number it’s rather EF66 or ET66 the lot number is 21232. If I can read it correctly. M40 helmet found near the don river in a village.  What do you guys think first helmeyM40 helmet found near the don river in a village.  What do you guys think first helmeyM40 helmet found near the don river in a village.  What do you guys think first helmeyM40 helmet found near the don river in a village.  What do you guys think first helmeyM40 helmet found near the don river in a village.  What do you guys think first helmey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet found near the don river in a village.  What do you guys think first helmey
    P
    Many

Quite expensive for what it is, but its a genuine relic M40 helmet with what appears to be the remains of a name on the inside skirt. Backing from a Heer decal. Damage either caused by blast concussion or being dropped much later.

It’s a good solid relic helmet Will. Perhaps a bit high in price, especially considering how the shipping kills us here in Australia

However, it’s your first lid and it’s an original, so congratulations.

Andy

AUD150-200 is what these are bringing here ( at least that's what I have been getting for the ones I have sold this year )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    AUD150-200 is what these are bringing here ( at least that's what I have been getting for the ones I have sold this year )
    Interesting, sounds like even relics are increasing in price. Paid nothing like that for mine but it was a couple of years ago!

As the others have said nice first helmet, I know these relics that have remains of the liners in them go for a bit more then the average relic these days.

?

Hi. Due to the helmet having a liner how do I preserve both helmet and liner? I have it stored too closely to where I’m at most of the time but it’s in a dry room one of the only in the space how do I take care of it?

Quote by Will95 View Post
    Hi. Due to the helmet having a liner how do I preserve both helmet and liner? I have it stored too closely to where I’m at most of the time but it’s in a dry room one of the only in the space how do I take care of it?
    Well the rust looks pretty stable, so I would leave it as is and monitor for deterioration and adjust the conditions it’s kept in accordingly. Just leave the liner as - there is no really way of preserving it without altering it.

If you do want to do something to the steel, have a look at this post by Danmark:
    A "rescue" of a M42 SS relic

Andy