Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Winter Camo

Article about: Hello. I need any opinions, all is good? Helmet is signatured : NS66 DN63

KWW
    ?

Default M40 Winter Camo

Hello.
    I need any opinions, all is good?
    Helmet is signatured : NS66 DN63
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Winter Camo   M40 Winter Camo  

M40 Winter Camo   M40 Winter Camo  

M40 Winter Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Winter Camo
    P
    Many

To me it appears the whitewash has been added later to a relic shell. The white paint covers older corrosion. But others will opine soon. Thank you for posting.

MAP
    ?

Tough one for me. I would want to see it in hand under a magnifying glass.

The white wash over the decal though looks a bit suspect.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Does not really matter..... just take it easy...... relic helmets are relics helmets... ...... they are not exspensive collectable items.... not everybody like to collects relics helmets anyway

If you really like to collect relic helmets.... the more you deal with it.... the more you understand each relic helmets required differces care of it need....... some you can just put bee wax on it ..... some you must apply for a clean coat to it...... it just really depend on the relic helmet condtion........

The touch up white paint could be apply post war..... to seal up and touch up the cracking surface of the paint job......

Sometime if you not touch up and seal up the surface.... more damaged and cracking of the paint will happen...... like i say.... that ok because it just a relic helmet...... not have to be so 100% orginal..... this and that B.S........ = )

If you want 100% orginal.... not thing wrong with it...... because thats your shxt ...... but for relic helmet..... as long as it can maintain its sharpe and great looks ........thats more then good enough already.......

You can have a 100% orginal but all rusty trash helmet.....

but is that worth anything for most people ????

Like i say.... every relic helmet need differ level of care......

?

Over all still a good piece of relic helmet ....

Quote by M35DD View Post

Sometime if you not touch up and seal up the surface.... more damaged and cracking of the paint will happen...... like i say.... that ok because it just a relic helmet...... not have to be so 100% orginal..... this and that B.S........ = )

If
    You are really giving seriously bad and ridiculous advice , the forum and the members do their utmost to make sure people buy 100% correct helmets. They are out there but not every ground find helmet for sale is worth buying.
    Your troll like behaviour is doing nobody a favor here.

I noticed that this particular M40 helmet has aluminium M31 liner band, how common they were on M40 helmets? I don't exclude the possibility of a repair during the wartime of course. Is there any information available on the timeline when the germans halted the production of aluminium liner bands and switched over to the steel?

?

Hello .... i got my way to collect relic helemts.....

As long as the shell , paint , decal , are orginal.... price low....i am not really picky too much about it.........

If any relics helmet above $ 750 dollars or more.... i will be picky like you guys...... so for cheap relic helmets.... just take it easy about it and enjoys it.......