Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 SS helmet 5182 lot number unidentified maker

Article about: [attach=config]1442]

Not at all Blackdog, was directed at the OP who posted a helmet without even asking a question or saying please and thank you as though the members of the forum are meant to know what is required and to jump to attention upon command. Perhaps I’m old fashioned but I was always taught to be polite...seems to be a common thing on the forum nowadays.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS helmet 5182 lot number unidentified maker
    P
    Many

typical decal close up through the cigar smoke photos. Too blurry.
    The helmet color looks Luftwaffe to me.
    The liner looks dubious , so far I see nothing I like.

Fair point Andy, although he does say thanks in post three.

?

thanks for posting.

Thanks for taking the time to offer your input.

Being polite also means not expecting pleasantries from people who don't quite fit in amongst all the "veterans".Most of you guys are rude and unwelcoming.Just imagine what might be shown to you by all the people who you push away with your arrogance and your demands for the petty pleasantries you think you deserve from other men.Is it you or just the Third Reich in you?

Thanks for your input and professional,mature attitude.I do not own the helmet.I want to buy it,because I think it's good.However I don't know everything,so I have come here hoping that there would be more cool cats than hot kitties.Some people are good and some are sour.It will come out in the words you write.Dont have to hear it.I can read it.I have a lot of things I want to post but I hate not being able to ask deeper questions or refute findings/opinions without being chastised for it.

John, I don't believe that anyone was actually trying to disrespect you, in fact some great people helped you out and saved you a few quid there, to be honest ... most people here are 110% helpful, above and beyond, all they expect is a certain level of manners, which in today's "must have now" society is unfortunately lacking. Please and thank you cost nothing. P.S. Welcome to the forum.
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by John Sorensen View Post
    Thanks for your input and professional,mature attitude.I do not own the helmet.I want to buy it,because I think it's good.However I don't know everything,so I have come here hoping that there would be more cool cats than hot kitties.Some people are good and some are sour.It will come out in the words you write.Dont have to hear it.I can read it.I have a lot of things I want to post but I hate not being able to ask deeper questions or refute findings/opinions without being chastised for it.
    John , it's always a good idea to write something about why you are posting a topic , what your relation to the object is. Owner , purchaser etc... if you put this information upfront it helps to understand the reason for posting. Unfortunately there are people online that just leech of other people's knowledge without a thank you and disappear when they had their fill. Or just post a fake they created to "test" the waters. Those people ruin it for people with good intentions.
    It's normal the regular crowd are apprehensive if a topic poster does not elaborate in his first post. Just the reality of online communication.
    If you can get past that you'll find that you are amongst passionate and knowledgeable collectors.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 09-17-2020 at 07:10 PM.

No Worries John its all good

This Hobby is very challenging even for the " Veterans " here. Sometimes we may come across a bit brash in our replies..but that Brashness is the years of discipline they put into weeding out and seeking the truth on these artifacts. Helmet collecting IMO has to be the ultimate minefield in collecting...and there is nothing new under the sun that none of these Gents here have continued to experience.

Brashness ,,.. sometimes unpleasant, but comes at the price of exact answers .
    Its nothing personal ...its the nature of the business and yes I have to agree with you that because of this hobby type that it may be the Third Reich Research that is in us that makes us strive for the truth. No one likes losing money and the forum is here to help you and ourselves so no one gets burned.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2