Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named EF 68 HEER in VG condition

Article about: This EF 68 SD Heer helmet was found in a house, building or barn somewhere in the former Sovjet Union. It is in very good condition, cleaned by the looks of it. Nicely named, covering the ba

Default Named EF 68 HEER in VG condition

This EF 68 SD Heer helmet was found in a house, building or barn somewhere in the former Sovjet Union. It is in very good condition, cleaned by the looks of it. Has a hole on the top side. Nicely named, partly covering the batch number. Maybe it is a result of the cleaning but it looks almost grey instead of some shade of green.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named EF 68 HEER in VG condition   Named EF 68 HEER in VG condition  

Named EF 68 HEER in VG condition   Named EF 68 HEER in VG condition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named EF 68 HEER in VG condition
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Paint doesn't seem wrong for an EF M40 to me. Maybe looks different in hand. Does look like it's been rubbed down a bit. Maybe some acid to remove some rust, hence the perception of a different color?

I can't place the decal maker though. Wish I could see more of the talons...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes I think you are right, rubbed and maybe some acid, but not sure. Decal seems to have gotten its share of the cleaning, but looks quite 'attached' or embedded. Do you mean you can't place the decal itself, or in combination with EF shell?

It’s a nice shell and I’d suggest it’s better than a relic. Agree with MAP, looks a bit cleaned. Still, a nice piece of history.

Andy

I was doubting where to post it, I'd say relic but definitely not a ground dug one :-)!

Looks like the guy shot himself in the head.

Quote by Ian Hayes View Post
    Looks like the guy shot himself in the head.
    Yes, that is a possibility .... grim thought.. it sure looks like a bullit penetrated from the down/inside. Could of course also have happened when the helmet lay on the battlefield. We'll never know for sure..