Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pond found Camo M42

Article about: Here she is! I believe it's an ET64 Was either Heer Or SS at one point. Has the "apple green" fieldgrau tone of paint. It is painted over in a winter camouflage by hand. It could h

Default Pond found Camo M42

Here she is! I believe it's an ET64
    Was either Heer Or SS at one point. Has the "apple green" fieldgrau tone of paint. It is painted over in a winter camouflage by hand.
    It could have been in a major battle, or left behind.
    Who knows who wore this, why they dropped it... Interesting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pond found Camo M42   Pond found Camo M42  

Pond found Camo M42   Pond found Camo M42  

Pond found Camo M42   Pond found Camo M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pond found Camo M42
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pond found Camo M42

The helmet appears to have paint in the rust pitting, especially in photo # 5.
    Do I also detect an attempt to scratch a swastika into the helmet in photo 1 ?
    Photo # 6 shows paint in rust pitting & signs of abrasive scouring. I would
    say a tarted up relic helmet done with an intent to deceive. Apple green
    on a M42 ?

Regards
    Brett

Well I may have been burned for this than. But could you explain some more as to what's wrong with it. I do see in areas where there is slight pitting which has paint, and areas with large pitting that don't have paint.

?

Look at the underneath of the helmet visor in particular. See the deep pitting that is
    full of green paint. This shows that the paint was applied to a surface that was already
    rust damaged. The helmet is covered in scratches as made by steel wool or similar
    abrasive material. The winter camouflage, when applied would have been masked off by
    the liner pins, but on this example appears to go right to the edge of the hole, indicating
    that it was painted without a liner fitted. Sorry mate but in my opinion this helmet screams
    contrived fake with artificial wear. Try to get your money back.

Regards
    Brett

I see your points. Well thought I would have never realized something so obvious. I got it in a trade so I don't know about going back. But one day ill sell it as a restored shell and maybe it'll catch someone's eye. Thank you! Now I'm down to one real helmet! But even that has controversy!