Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help

Article about: Hello again! A guy from Latvia offers to sell me this helmet. It catches my attention because of the red star painted on the front. According to the seller, this helmet was used by Latvians

Question Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help

Hello again!
    A guy from Latvia offers to sell me this helmet.
    It catches my attention because of the red star painted on the front. According to the seller, this helmet was used by Latvians and Estonians at the beginning of WW2.
    What do you think of this helmet? do you think the decal is good? Should I buy it or pass it up?
    THANKS!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help   Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help  

Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help   Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help  

Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help   Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help  

Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare m16 helmet with red star on the front. help
    P
    Many

Hi
    I had seen the same helmet on our own militaria/ collectors forum for sale on auction a few months ago, apparently it was sold, and then i saw it again in the june in local antique collector fair ANTIK-WAR.LV viewtopic.php?f=115&t=2192954 . The link will work if you remove the free space between website adress and viewtopic.

It is a regular relic M16 helmet, so nothing rare about it. The star has simply been painted over the rusted shell. People will make up stories and add symbols and decals just to sell items. Know what you are buying.

Andy

so... the supposed red star is fake?

If the helmet shell is in that sort of condition- I would have question why the helmet shell has not retained any of the original paint except for the supposed red star painted on it? The painted star on the helmet is supposed to make You believe that it was used by 24th Teritorial Rifle Corps composed from the remains of pre-war Latvian armed forces (that used M16 helmets) integrated in the Red army after Soviet ocupation.
    Last edited by Oberschutze; 07-06-2023 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Grammar errors

Quote by migueleitor00 View Post
    so... the supposed red star is fake?
    I saw it in the local military and antiques collectors fair, if You buy it I would just look at it as a relic M16 helmet and nothing more, the condition is not that good either.

It's true. it is very strange that the hull is completely rusted...but a red star appears!

Thank you very much for the help, you have avoided me a great disappointment

Quote by migueleitor00 View Post
    It's true. it is very strange that the hull is completely rusted...but a red star appears!

Thank you very much for the help, you have avoided me a great disappointment
    Great that you posted it here before purchasing Miguel! There are better examples out there, so glad you can put your money towards something untouched.