MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Relic helmet identified with identification....

Article about: Well if the reality of war effects you in photos don't look . My buddy just got this helmet also I know it's kind of odd but he just gets his care packages once a month from Russia. I posted

12./Kompanie Infanterie Regiment (mot) 30

Konstantin Heiduczek
    Birth date : 11 August 1918
    Birth Place : Schlesiengrube Kattowitz
    Chropaczow - Wikipedia
    Military Rank : Gefreiter
    Erkennungsmarke : 704 - 4./I. E. Btl. 406 = 4./Kompanie Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 406 (4th Company Infantry replacement battalion 406)
    Cause of death : Gefallen : I. G. Kopf = Gefallen Infanterie Geschoß Kopf (Killed in action : Infantry shot head)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic helmet identified with identification....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic helmet identified with identification....
    P
    Many

Ewald Döring
    Birth date : 17 July 1910
    Birth Place : Wolfersdorf
    Wolfersdorf - Wikipedia
    Military Rank : Schütze
    Erkennungsmarke : 67 - 1./?. E. B. 18/1
    Cause of death : Gefallen : I. G. Kopf = Gefallen Infanterie Geschoß Kopf (Killed in action : Infantry shot head)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic helmet identified with identification....  

Double upload... my mistake.

Gerhard Küchler
    Birth date : 24 December 1917
    Birth Place : Liegnitz
    Legnica - Wikipedia
    Military Rank : Obergefreiter
    Erkennungsmarke : 119 - 12./I. R. 30 = 12./Kompanie Infanterie Regiment 30 (12th Company Infantry Regiment 30)

Gerhard Strokosz (Strockosz)
    Birth date : 18 March 1919
    Birth Place : Schwientoshlowitz (Schwientochlowitz)
    Świętochłowice - Wikipedia
    Military Rank : Gefreiter
    Erkennungsmarke : 159 - ?. E. Sch?? 3/8
    Cause of death : Cause of death : Gefallen : I. G. Kopf = Gefallen Infanterie Geschoß Kopf (Killed in action : Infantry shot head)

Very gruesome helmet. I hope the Soldier gets the burial he deserves!

Did they just bury them with their helmets? The death note shows the deaths of these soldiers being documented, i did not know that soldiers would be buried with their helmets on, most excavations of war graves i have seen before had the soldiers stripped of most of their equipment. Maybe a burial in hurry? Certainly interesting.

FNG
    ?

In combat they just buried them with there stuff on specially of the enemy had to bury them. If I was a soldier I'd like to die with my boots on. When they are dug back up for proper burial they just interested in the dog tag and personal items. Field gear is just garbage.
    - - ------- - -

So interesting that all of them were shot in the face. How to you have access to all of these files? Very nice you have that access. Thank you for sharing those

Quote by FNG View Post
    In combat they just buried them with there stuff on specially of the enemy had to bury them. If I was a soldier I'd like to die with my boots on. When they are dug back up for proper burial they just interested in the dog tag and personal items. Field gear is just garbage.
    - - ------- - -

So interesting that all of them were shot in the face. How to you have access to all of these files? Very nice you have that access. Thank you for sharing those
    The death cards are accessed online by either a subscription to “Ancestry” or “Fold3”. Possibly the fact that all these were victims of head shots might imply being victims of snipers rather than during an attack where injuries might be shots to the torso. Of course we will never know. I also hope that these graves and remains were not robbed of their identities.

FNG
    ?

Oh thats cool that you can do that.

No they were not

- - ------- - -

What should my friend do with that helmet with half the scalp on it? Throw it away?

If he does not wanna keep it, i would bury it with the remains, or seperatly. Just handle it with respect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2