Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic Helmet..ouch!

Article about: Here I have a relic helmet I dug up in Norway many years ago.. poor soul.. shot several times in the head.. maybe hit by explosion too! Always liked this one.. reminds me of the sad part of

Default Relic Helmet..ouch!

Here I have a relic helmet I dug up in Norway many years ago..
    poor soul.. shot several times in the head.. maybe hit by explosion too!
    Always liked this one.. reminds me of the sad part of war!

Well hope you like it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic Helmet..ouch!
    P
    Many

That's the way to own a relic. One you dug up yourself.
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    That's the way to own a relic. One you dug up yourself.
    D.
    No doubt about it! I have several old bottles, not worth much, but I dug them up from the hedgerow next to my house.
    Really cool helmet!

MAP
    ?

So probably a white paint that has turned tan with age? Or maybe the psychedelic background is making me see things LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ouch....definitely. Seeing a battlefield relic, such as this, makes you realise the brutally of war, a witness to a 'long ago tragedy'.
    Thank you for sharing Ltc.
    Regards
    Paul

IMO, too many holes close together.
    Used for target practise by allied troops, would be my guess.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    IMO, too many holes close together.
    Used for target practise by allied troops, would be my guess.
    Ralph.
    And the holes are in the wrong part of the shell (the area of the crown) to have hit it whilst it was being worn. The larger gaps may be shrapnel damage but they look more to me to be due to long term corrosion.

It would be interesting to know where it was found. Was it in an area where combat is recorded?

Still an interesting artifact from the occupation and all the better for finding it yourself!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    And the holes are in the wrong part of the shell (the area of the crown) to have hit it whilst it was being worn. The larger gaps may be shrapnel damage but they look more to me to be due to long term corrosion.

It would be interesting to know where it was found. Was it in an area where combat is recorded?

Still an interesting artifact from the occupation and all the better for finding it yourself!

Regards

Mark
    Hi Mark

Could very well have been subject for practice shooting by the British who fought against the Germans where it was found..
    I found it near a small town called Kvam located near Gudbrandsdalen where Germans and British forces fought each other..
    Or could have been a poor soul who was executed in a trench.. who knows...